Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2010, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Zaprala View Post
Couple quick things here. We keep our trucks for 10 years, they are rotated a couple trucks at a time each year as they approach 10 years. So, there will be some hurt looking cabs, etc., but we do abuse it everyday with a 24' trailer fully loaded and then all winter to plow.

Absolutely, views and experiences of any big company employee will vary from branch to branch. But I see my branch manager everyday of course, my regional manager at least twice a week and he greets me with a big smile "Great to see you John!" I see the Division manager (tri-state area boss) usually once a month and he knows me by name and I started in Sept! So, not to drag this out any further, but you can see that you can have a situation where you definately don't feel like a number. Not in my branch anyhow.
Thats good to hear! Im just saying that in a big buisness nobody should expect to be more then just a number...... do you get lucky from time to time? Sure.

Around here your truck's allway's look to be in pretty good shape. They don't look like someone took a golf club to them.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Brickman started popping up in my area about 5 years ago and 3 years ago (if I remember correctly) they bought Groundsmasters who were a well established company that had mostly large commercial accounts and around 200 or so employees. I have noticed that the quality of work has gone way down hill and is starting to open up opportunities for smaller buisnesses to get larger commercial accounts. I have heard first hand that their customer service isnt the best but they must be doing something right to be as big as they are.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmark614 View Post
Doesn't surprise me. I love that they are successful but don't like that they bring in illegals and such. I'm not trying to offend anyone but I do not hire mexicans, especially if they can't speak english. Just makes your company look bad. My guys are professionally trained and my company's motto is to put professionalism back into the industry. That being we keep ourselves clean and wear clean company shirts and khaki work pants/shorts for summer and brown work boots. I think we as owners should invest the money into shirts, pants/shorts, and boots for our employees to make our companies look professional, as well as keep our equipment clean. It looks like those brickman trucks haven't been cleaned in weeks. It's up to us to improve the industry and weed out the jockeys that are fat, don't shave, and wear ripped up t shirts.
I'm super late into this but I came across this reply and I completely agree with looking professional and keeping the equipment clean! People will appreciate it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-07-2012, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I seen a brincman accont that relly looked turrible and I thought to myself wow I could relly stripe that won nice.