Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
very cool BM. I'd like to see the pics when you get to building up those islands. erosion is a bad thing in the lakes. Concrete should last almost as long as granite does down here on the coast.
If you run out of that type of work, you can buy a dredge! Good luck with your projects.
I agree.

and those walls you do look freakin awesome! how long are the pieces you drive in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard a story the other day from one of our employees about how 15 years ago , they took out a section of a high rise in Toronto, loaded it in the trucks with the excavator,took it to the harbour and dumped it in lake ontario. Bunch of asphalt down there too aparently...

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

In the summers I spent all summer with my famillies company it is where I learned how to weld, operate cranes, work as a mechanic. Worked around boats and on boats. Loading equipment on barges. The most expensive parts I have loaded on a boat is helecopter parts that were worth a million dollars. Or your loading 50,000 dollars worth of lumber onto a barge for a house that is being built up coast.

The loggers move their equipment up coast they load 3 Hitachi 350 Roadbuilder excavators a log loader and a fuel truck with 15,000 dollars worth of fuel in it onto a barge and head up and down the coast.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah GR, well every year the USCG sends a billion dollar piece of equipment down to Antarctica to break ice. One year I was responsible for changing the lights bulbs on it during the voyage.

Top that.

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanau View Post
Oh yeah GR, well every year the USCG sends a billion dollar piece of equipment down to Antarctica to break ice. One year I was responsible for changing the lights bulbs on it during the voyage.

Top that.
Bob! Don't feed the fire. GR wastes valuable space on these threads with his whining.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I grew up in a village.
Yeah and they called and want their idiot back

Sorry Bob I couldn't help it you set that up perfectly

BM cool pics again and yeah they do get pretty picky around here about weight and speed. You can haul the same load with the same truck and get scaled several times but suddenly one of those times your overloaded on an axle and have to move the fifth wheel
Old 12-22-2009, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did set that up perfectly. Too bad Junior was too slow to figure it out.

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I did set that up perfectly. Too bad Junior was too slow to figure it out.
I realized it, I just didnt wanna take BMs thread farther off topic than I had already.. But I guess I ruined that with this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Hey Bargeman- You say that you tow your 315 on the triaxle trailer. Do you have an overwidth permit or do they let that slide in your area? How does the 315 tow behind your sterling?
Ya Andrew we have a eager beaver 25ton triaxle tag trailer behind our tandem sterling dump truck. As far as over width it only hangs over an inch or two on each side because of the 28" tracks instead of the 24" ones. The sterling handles it just fine, we used to have it on a 22 ton tandem tag and it would like to sway a bit but now with the third axle it makes a huge difference.

Junior they are 8 foot sheets
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
very cool BM. I'd like to see the pics when you get to building up those islands. erosion is a bad thing in the lakes. Concrete should last almost as long as granite does down here on the coast.
If you run out of that type of work, you can buy a dredge! Good luck with your projects.
Thanks YellowDog I am currently doing my research on dredges