Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselnut View Post
Very neat. I would love to get into marine construction as I like boats and that a lot. I know by me they do a lot of dredging by pumping. Do they excavate up there or pump the mud?
Just about all of the lakes we work at they use the suction pumps due to how much fine silt it is. We are the only company in our area that dredges by excavating and we only do boat docks and marinas. Hopefully the state will soon start subbing out dredging since their equipment is so old and a lot of their guys are starting to retire.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSet N' Grade View Post
Barge......I went through all your posts.....nice work and it looks like great fun. You mentioned environmentally friendly hydraulic oils.......are you using vegetable oils? Have you switched all the machines over? If so, do you notice any differences (other than price))?
I am not sure what exact oil it is we run I don't believe it is the vegetable oil. My dad retired from his oil company and I leave all of that up to him, he knows more about oil then I ever care to. We only run it in the 315cl since it only comes off the barge a few times a year. I haven't noticed that much of a difference but we changed the oil soon after we got the machine.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some off of my phone from July. The first two are from a small residuntal job way back in a channel. It was so shallow we had to use the excavator to move the barge around all day. We would pull the barge up the channel, unload and have to back all of the way out was a long day. The other two are when we had to go about 4 miles across the lake and then a half mile up river and unhook the push boat just so we could unload and spin around.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2010, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome pics! What kinds of projects do you have brewing now? How's the 330D working out?

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Awesome pics! What kinds of projects do you have brewing now? How's the 330D working out?
Andrew right now I have another 3,800 ton of rock to place, a barge to dismantle, and a few hundred feet of the composite sea wall to put in. We are looking at a river restoration project but it is very competitive so I don't know. The 330 is awesome but makes me sick that I cant keep it busy everyday. We use it for loading the barge and will use it to help dismantle and load out large pieces of a barge we bought.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My brother took a few pics of us moving the 330 over to another lake yesterday. We have a barge with a crane to dismantle and bring back to our shop. Any ideas what to do with the crane, it is a 1983 linkbelt and starts right up? I think my brother is sending me pictures of it so i can post them. But i seriously don't know what to do with it?
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2010, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet pics! Do you guys own a tractor trailer too?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
Sweet pics! Do you guys own a tractor trailer too?
No my dad wants one but I am not allowing it, its hard to justfy at least 60 grand on a dumb truck and trailer, when that guy moved the hoe 60 miles for $365.00
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge Man View Post
No my dad wants one but I am not allowing it, its hard to justfy at least 60 grand on a dumb truck and trailer, when that guy moved the hoe 60 miles for $365.00
It's a good thing your Dad and I don't work together! Sounds like you are the opposite of most Father/Son operations. Usually the Son wants all the toys and Dad wont allow it LOL!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
It's a good thing your Dad and I don't work together! Sounds like you are the opposite of most Father/Son operations. Usually the Son wants all the toys and Dad wont allow it LOL!
It is kinda funny, Dad just likes to be able to do everything himself and not have to wait on anyone. He also likes to look at all of the deals out their right now and doesent want to miss out. If things turn around he does not like the idea of haveing to pay an arm and a leg if we would need ne in a year or so.