Register free!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Fire and mound drench with z-spray

Wondering if this is possible? If I take te spray nozzle off the hose reel I get a pretty good stream. Then I could time my spray to put down 2-4 gallons per mound of a bifenthein mix? I'd have 50 gallon capacity ad transportable over the lawn. Thoughts?

I'm using a dry product now and hope to sell some top choice apps the first of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-11-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i changed my hose sprayer nozzle to a jd9 gun. i use it for shrub treatment around the house..works pretty good. i spray bifen and gallery pre-m around the shrubs..
Old 10-11-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like that idea about adding the jd9 gun. What rate are you able to put out? I use my z for lawn apps but can never get all the herbicide out of the tank. Have you found a good way to clean and empty it out to use for shrub apps?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the nozzle i use it the med nozzle i think it is i will check tonight. it puts out alittle over 2gallons per k. i just fill it up a few times and just drain it..

i took the factory sprayer off and installed a quick conn fitting then installed that on the jd9 all stainless steel. i also installed the larger pump on it also with the med nozzle the psi is over 50psi at the gauge.. i will take some pics and post them over the weekend