Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #91  
Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 PM
CHARLES CUE's Avatar
CHARLES CUE CHARLES CUE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BURTON WV
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
now that ain't nice.

we did side-by-side comparisons on 4 properties (Barry sent it to us)

screamin green at 4 lbs per K vs 30-0-5 50% XCU (Agrium) at 3 lbs per K

4 front lawns (2 clay, 2 loam)

no word games here, and I choose not to comment regarding the results
Well Barry said you didn't use it so i though you were BS ing

But i do remember you saying some thing like it works good at full rate at some time.

No comment we know what that means.

Charles Cue
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 PM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Wood View Post
Hey Ralph I am thinking of buying some screaming green, would you be interested in splitting a truck load?
maybe so, we will have to talk
__________________
all is fair in love and grass! Man, it smells like sheet, do you smell that!!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 PM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
now that ain't nice.

we did side-by-side comparisons on 4 properties (Barry sent it to us)

screamin green at 4 lbs per K vs 30-0-5 50% XCU (Agrium) at 3 lbs per K

4 front lawns (2 clay, 2 loam)

no word games here, and I choose not to comment regarding the results
you can pm me those results!
__________________
all is fair in love and grass! Man, it smells like sheet, do you smell that!!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Efficiency's Avatar
Efficiency Efficiency is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: zone 6
Posts: 1,108
if Barry will cut me a break on my next truckload, I will sell a pallet to anyone who wants to try this stuff out. I have 10 skids of straight 16-2-3 I dont need til next year and 10 skids of 16-2-3 with pre-m. Barry, what do you say?
__________________
If this post seems mean, it's probably because I'm drunk posting. Maybe my next one will be better...
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
phasthound's Avatar
phasthound phasthound is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Posts: 4,084
Larry,
I forgot you did get a 10lb sample. Sorry for the misinformation.

Everyone else, I'll be glad to discuss business matters.
techterra@comcast.net
__________________
Barry Draycott

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-17-2011, 05:18 PM
RABBITMAN11's Avatar
RABBITMAN11 RABBITMAN11 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Carmel Indiana
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Larry,
I forgot you did get a 10lb sample. Sorry for the misinformation.

Everyone else, I'll be glad to discuss business matters.
techterra@comcast.net
I don't think a 10 pound sample qualifies as true test!
Just like your other highly validated opinions!
I have nothing against you Larry but your information is often invalid!
I'm with Rod, open minded if it works and justifies the cost.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
turf hokie's Avatar
turf hokie turf hokie is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Metro NY
Posts: 2,675
How the heck do you do a side by side comparison on 4 lawns with 10 pounds of product. At some point i will cease to be amazed. Unfortunately, it ain't today
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-17-2011, 09:10 PM
rcreech's Avatar
rcreech rcreech is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,717
10# sample @ 4# per K = 2.5K

2.5K divided by 4 lawns would be .62K per lawn


I guess I would just ask why do it over 4 lawns with such a small amount of material.

When I am checking a new product I compare 15K side by side and like to replicate it when I can.

Not a good test or even a true test IMO!

Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,681
Never tried it
Only tried one bag

I think folks should know facts before posting. (IMO)

Initially we applied ten pound sample bag. Then we traded fert with a local competitor for some of his screamin green. The only true side-by-side tests we did were 4 front lawns. We used the rest of the screamin green on entire lawns. Also keep in mind that ISU typically tests fert formulations on 10 foot by ten foot plots.

Want to know who we traded with? Just send me a PM. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
How the heck do you do a side by side comparison on 4 lawns with 10 pounds of product. At some point i will cease to be amazed. Unfortunately, it ain't today
Posted via Mobile Device
__________________
Proud subscriber of TURF Magazine. (thanks Ron)
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
turf hokie's Avatar
turf hokie turf hokie is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Metro NY
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Never tried it
Only tried one bag

I think folks should know facts before posting. (IMO)

Initially we applied ten pound sample bag. Then we traded fert with a local competitor for some of his screamin green. The only true side-by-side tests we did were 4 front lawns. We used the rest of the screamin green on entire lawns. Also keep in mind that ISU typically tests fert formulations on 10 foot by ten foot plots.

Want to know who we traded with? Just send me a PM. Thanks.

Didn't say you did not try it,
Didn't say you tried only one bag.
Don't care who you "traded" with

I posted based on the facts given....
You claimed to do 4 side by side front lawns,
Supplier of said product gave you 10lbs,

4 lawns can't be done with 10lbs (front or entire)

You chose to withold supposed "facts" about "trading" with another company.

I based my comments on the facts that were given.....next time give the whole story, or can you not give the whole story in one sitting because the "facts" may need to be shuffled a bit in the next post???

I keep in mind a whole lot of things when reading any and all posts on this forum, not just a state university 10x10 plot that somehow magically makes your side by side test legitimate.

I have used trailer loads from Barry direct, not "traded" with a local competitor. We have pictures of our side by side comparisons......see thread link below

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=257806

Good luck all.
__________________
"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.07398 seconds with 8 queries