Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
now that ain't nice.

we did side-by-side comparisons on 4 properties (Barry sent it to us)

screamin green at 4 lbs per K vs 30-0-5 50% XCU (Agrium) at 3 lbs per K

4 front lawns (2 clay, 2 loam)

no word games here, and I choose not to comment regarding the results
I'm sure it goes without saying..lol.....4lbs per K is only a baseline. A truely knowlegable professional would apply per specific need and situation. EX. if you are feeding an under fed area, the 50% quick will win EVERY TIME..to a layman that is. If you are feeding a well fed area...the 50% quick will LOOSE EVERY TIME...when compared to 16-2-3...too much growth etc. I have my 5 acres down to a science...great color..very little growth. 16-2-3 and 7-2-12 are the products I use to achieve that, and only because I tried all the standard lesco type stuff first. Keep in mind I used standard syn fert for 18 or so years. Many companies are starting to sell similar products to Barry's because they offer a higher level of turf control....plain and simple. I often speak with golf supers around my area (luckily some of the top nationwide) and they are all using a wide range of products....none of which is a standard syn 50% scu or xcu. Most in fact are using products that are similar to what Barry sells. I'm not saying that as a commercial lawn company you should use this or that...only that if you are trying to fine tune a turf enviornment 30-0-5 50% xcu is just not something that would be used.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

just cuz larry forgot to post about he got more material to do a test, doesnt mean his results arent valid(even though he has not posted them!)

we should not get into a tizzy over fert, just saying.

i am glad i brought this threadup again. good discussions.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
I'm sure it goes without saying..lol.....4lbs per K is only a baseline.
Absolutely true. Screamin Green's label provides a range of 3.1 to 6.25 lbs/K.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 11-18-2011, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
I'm sure it goes without saying..lol.....4lbs per K is only a baseline. A truely knowlegable professional would apply per specific need and situation. EX. if you are feeding an under fed area, the 50% quick will win EVERY TIME..to a layman that is. If you are feeding a well fed area...the 50% quick will LOOSE EVERY TIME...when compared to 16-2-3...too much growth etc. I have my 5 acres down to a science...great color..very little growth. 16-2-3 and 7-2-12 are the products I use to achieve that, and only because I tried all the standard lesco type stuff first. Keep in mind I used standard syn fert for 18 or so years. Many companies are starting to sell similar products to Barry's because they offer a higher level of turf control....plain and simple. I often speak with golf supers around my area (luckily some of the top nationwide) and they are all using a wide range of products....none of which is a standard syn 50% scu or xcu. Most in fact are using products that are similar to what Barry sells. I'm not saying that as a commercial lawn company you should use this or that...only that if you are trying to fine tune a turf enviornment 30-0-5 50% xcu is just not something that would be used.

I am sure what you are saying is correct...but I have "fine tuned" all my lawns if you will with 30-0-5 (50% XCU).

You are making a blanket statement and that is tough to do.

Here is OH about all I need is a slow release N and I am good to go. Our P and K is great and we just need a slow release N for color and slowed growth.

I think there are many ways to skin a cat and I am looking forward to trying Screamin Green...but I have gotten awesome results with 30-0-5 and it will continue to be my standard again for 2012. I do have 11 Ton of Barry's product to try for 2012 though.

If Screamin Green proves itself then Barry will be sending me 5-6 truck loads for 2013!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
If Screamin Green proves itself then Barry will be sending me 5-6 truck loads for 2013!
Just my luck, the world is going to end Dec. 21, 2012.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't worry Barry...I'll have all my fert n the barn before that so u will still get the sale
Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Just my luck, the world is going to end Dec. 21, 2012.
Now that is funny no matter who you are

Should I pick out my coffin and sleep in it on Dec 20, 2012
Old 11-21-2011, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
Is every one using 4 Lbs of screaming green per th and how many apps are you doing.And how far apart are they.

Charles Cue
I would also like to know these things. Currently I have a 6 app program, what apps would be best to replace with these products. Would I still be able to get 6 apps in? Right now I am using a 22-0-5 50%xcu or in early fall a 23-3-11 50% xcu both have 3% iron.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
I would also like to know these things. Currently I have a 6 app program, what apps would be best to replace with these products. Would I still be able to get 6 apps in? Right now I am using a 22-0-5 50%xcu or in early fall a 23-3-11 50% xcu both have 3% iron.
They wont say> You will find out it like all fert. Yards that have good soil conditions will green up with less fert and those that have lesser quality soil will take more fert to make them green and keep them that way.

Charles Cue
Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
We set up custom programs all the time.

Franklin D. Roosevelt