Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Can you buy Screamin green some place like JDL/Lesco or Horizon or do you have to order it?
You have to order it from barry at techterra organics there a sponser on here do seach or look in the organic foram
Charles Cue
Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i dont think you have to order it from him, he is a rep. but might as well, he is a swell guy on here and helpful
Old 12-13-2009, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've looked into this.. want to try it.. only need 4 pallets for a round though.. Shipping is murder.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I spoke w/ my local rep as well & am excited about what the results might be, but to skeptical to take a full 22 pallets-And I received an email last week that showed the price going up.

I didn't get a concrete price for less than a full truckload pricing, but it sounded like another $4+ per bag
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

[QUOTE=LIBERTYLANDSCAPING;3319576]I spoke w/ my local rep as well & am excited about what the results might be, but to skeptical to take a full 22 pallets-And I received an email last week that showed the price going up.
QUOTE]

Expected price increases are due to urea being on the rise again. It's up $60/ton & we expect it to continue to rise into the spring. This would affect all fertilizers, not just Nutrients PLUS. In fact, since Nutrients PLUS fertility programs provide the same green with less N, our prices are not as volatile as synthetic ferts.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=phasthound;3319806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIBERTYLANDSCAPING View Post
I spoke w/ my local rep as well & am excited about what the results might be, but to skeptical to take a full 22 pallets-And I received an email last week that showed the price going up.
QUOTE]

Expected price increases are due to urea being on the rise again. It's up $60/ton & we expect it to continue to rise into the spring. This would affect all fertilizers, not just Nutrients PLUS. In fact, since Nutrients PLUS fertility programs provide the same green with less N, our prices are not as volatile as synthetic ferts.
Oh, I am well aware of the Urea market. The higher prices were just one more mark against it in making a decision.....
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i am trying to get screamin green to work into my program i have now, i think it will work well and improve my turf at a competitive rice on one the less, but all the other products are more expensive than my program and pricing structure will allow.

i am thinking highly of offering a natural fert option for more money to my customers, any of you do this?? i am not talking no pesticides, just less and only organic ferts!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Since Screamin Green has synthetic fert, that product wouldn't qualify for full organic I guess... I am interested in performance-I could care less if it is synthetic. If Screamin Green would do well with my newer lawns on sandy soil, that is great, but if Mesa would do just as well, I'm all for it-and it's easier to get
Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The 'natural' option is something that no one would pay for in my market.. I've conducted surveys asking that very question.. People say that they are 'concerned' about enviormental effects of lawn care, Then they say that they are unreceptive to a price increase based on making services enviormentally sustainable.

So there ya have it.. If I can get better results for smaller $ then I'll go organics in a heart beat.. otherwise the customers have spoken.. and they are my boss.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sucks having to read through 4 pages only to find out that no one answered the op. Turfhokie came close, but syaing your kbg is greener is far short of a practical comparison or meaningfull info. This was a late season for kbg..mine looked fantastic and STILL DOES using only sythetics. Anyone actually have some kind of REAL comparison?