Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

After re-reading a few post - I think we need to know more about your operation - you do more single jobs with profits higher than what some of us make in an year? Show me the............ forget the money - show me the work!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That replie was for ztturncutter, i didn't realize by the time i finished there was other replies in between.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

$90 vs $110 an hour - I know my cost - been doing this for along time and and I am sure with all the fancy IRON that the excavtor man has - he needs $110 an hour with that skid. So throwing in on a hunch - not really! As far as it not being for me - same can be said as above - not really.
LawnSite Senior Member

i could shock people on how low a startup cost a true business needs , i love it on here how everyone says it cant be done and i look back long before i came to ls and its working fine at most points i love it . lol

Ok do you know to the penny what was your overhead for 2009?
I am curious, i run same routes you do , i cut same grass, but what really opened my eyes up is not grass, Landscaping and warking with materials has really tought me great deal how precise you have to be to turn cents in to tens of thousands.
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
In my area market dicates all else. Skid loader for example: The top dog excavatioin contractor charges $110 / an LS175 NH. People pay that cuz he knows how to run his equipment and the people think he is faster than all the rest with skids cuz he plays in the dirt all day everyday. I charge out at $90 and hour and get balked at cuz I am an LCO/landscaper/contractor and my skid is not worth what his skid is.

I can drive 30 miles down the highway and prices change drasticly - how do I know - cuz I have another lawn care business in a neighboring town. It is what people expect to pay and what they beleive the worth is to them. Example - I ran out of greenery for our seasonal lighting that we do. I called a local nursery where I get alot from every year and they quoted me a price with my discount - I thought a little high - so I called the local flower shop - same stuff - same vender - in fact there delivery man goes from florist then to this nuresry - The floral shop at full retail price is cheaper than what the nursery quoted - now where are you going to buy the greenery if you were me?

I am in small town USA - people are going to pay so much and that is it. I wish I had 40 accounts that were 5-10 acres a piece but those type of places in my area are far and few.
this is a perfect example... all companys are run differently, and where your located at plays (to me) the biggest factor, great wat to put it
Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

perfect your post to me is exaclty why i can say we can do it and why you cant it was that simple ..
Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

econ 101 - marketing=%mark up on those said materials=profit. Some greater than others but still basic.

I am still waiting for your brightness to appear so please share with us your magic by turning a penny into thousands!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenScape09 View Post
this is a perfect example... all companys are run differently, and where your located at plays (to me) the biggest factor, great wat to put it
I agree 100%.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

meets1 that is why i said you may be in trouble 90 an hour to opperate is high to me ( i am unsure of your equpment we have a asv-rc30 and it can opperate for 60 an hour and i can make good money on it it is how we look at it, nothing more
Old 12-03-2009, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

perfect what is the details of you company ???? the biggest thing i know that small lcos do wrong is they include there overhead in every type service they offer as a whole
and they cant let go of the being small attitude of i had reather mow 40 instead of 100 . hell you are not mowing them you are manging them

Tags
lawn , money , secrets , strategy , tricks