Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the ferris location is a nursing home and it only get about 12 mins of walker time near the door and a inside garden and the 12 locations is all in a 20 mile town and the 25-30 is 5 -7 k lawns all in a real close area you just ask lol give me your guide line

all of these are spotless lol my crews do thing different then you though , that is all
Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

YOU asking me what size acre is? after we mow over 230 acres a week? lol
about 4200( enought) with your ferris 72 you should do an acre in about 20 minutes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

oh perfect you never answered the pic with the bushes trimed on one side and not on the other. see it ? are they regular customer???
Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

4200???????what is this sq footage
Old 12-03-2009, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

(green scape i think he is a new guy who thinks no one is better then him lol

perfect how many dumps a day do you/your crew collect of grass a day with that walker ? we average around 50 a day )

50 a day????? and you charge only 35.00$ an hour per men per hour??? o my you realy do well. I dump 3-5 yards a day. And I dont use walker to mow big properties dummy walker is ghs if you dont know what that is ( Grass Handling System) not sh++ picker upper. I can do that 13 acre property with 60 inch ferris bring everything in to center use 6 blades on ferris, high and gattor, make midlle 3 passes by the time all leafs get to the center going thrught 6 blades there is not much left yet everything is spotless then , I mulch leafs in the center with ferris going in reverse with discharge closed about 6 times and then suck up dust with walker which equals to 30-50 bushels.( happy) use it I just saved you some more years of trial and error. When I haul Trailer to recycling. My leafs are mulchedin to compost smaller then recycling center offers.( sharpen your blades daily and you will save 1 -2 hours a day of working with doll blades, onother secret, when sharpenning your gators sharpen your sides too and after wards spray d 40 underneight deck.Then I use rope on discharge and any time i need to control the discharge in split secont i have control.Pitch your deck inthe back 1/2 inch for leaf clean up
Old 12-03-2009, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

is so your 13 acres 43560 x13= 566,280 now your 4200 which i assume you mean 42000x13= 546,000 your off a haulf acre per 13 acres os in your route of 230 acres you lost 10 acres of free cutting ,biggest tip i can now give you is know an acre
Old 12-03-2009, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

----------------To be quite honest, those that are charging 30/per man hour are not the ones I worry about. Its those that don't even know what they charge per man hour is who I always worry about. When its all said and done some underbid so badly the whole crew doesn't make even avg $20/hr. Those are the one that screw up the bids and skew you clients perceptions. Thats who I worry abou-------------

NOW that is a statement of a entrepenuer that know what it is like to bid on a job that has been maintened by mickey mouse family.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

see this is your mistake , you ask why someone big wont help , remember this ????

we have 12 walkers so i know all about them friend you need to lose your hostility toward me if you want help . a told you to ask how my 30 become 100 remenber dick its we charge $2.00 per dump after 3 dumps for grass with the walkers and with leaves that equates to 200= dumps per day each , see now times that by 12 friend , now if you want help ask if not dont be a dic$ , dic&
Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

PTL, Trimming bushes too often can and will cause problems down the road. You will eventually be left with a green shell and the plant will loose its vigor. Also it will create problems with air circulation which can lead to disease. Do you also do selective pruning? If not, I would advise it.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

let you do math for a while 2 men can mow a location in 4 day but prefer 5 and another 2 guys trim bushes and do bed work it grosses $11,250.00 plus bed work .
this is us friend now how many lawns a day do you think we average with 20 locations

Tags
lawn , money , secrets , strategy , tricks