Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShe8918 View Post
Is this the first walker you have ever owned? If it is you are in for one of the most enjoyable mower out there. It is so effortless to use, and it is also such a great tool.
The controls seem a little odd to me. I would think that it would take a while to get used to them.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWGUYRI View Post
28hp? what model is that I thought the MT's only came in 23, 25, 26efi, 31liquid cooled efi
You are correct about the engine choices on the MT model.

This one is a Commemorative MT model 48" GHS deck which they made 320 units to celebrate there 100,000 th machine. Mine being # 196. For these machines they put in a 28 EFI engine. Along with a long list of chrome parts and up grades.

The chromed parts are the wheels, gearbox pto cover, catcher lift handles, grass deflector shield, forward speed control, steering levers, air intake tube, foot rest, headlight mounting bar.

The upgrades are a pearlescent paint job, the new 10 bushel catcher boxes start with these units, suspension seat, cast iron deck gear boxes, headlights, low profile tires, custom serial #plates, commemorative decal package, Max,Bob,Dean signature, a collectors certificate for the wall, oh yeah a commemorative Walker hat too.

To be honest I didn't need a chromed out lawnmower but I got this one with all these upgrades for the same price as a standard unit. I think there are still a few of these out there. Well I know where they have one anyway.

WADE
Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new mower. I really like the chrome wheels. Hope it works out great for you.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dang man, that is one fancy mower!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFISH View Post
You are correct about the engine choices on the MT model.

This one is a Commemorative MT model 48" GHS deck which they made 320 units to celebrate there 100,000 th machine. Mine being # 196. For these machines they put in a 28 EFI engine. Along with a long list of chrome parts and up grades.

The chromed parts are the wheels, gearbox pto cover, catcher lift handles, grass deflector shield, forward speed control, steering levers, air intake tube, foot rest, headlight mounting bar.

The upgrades are a pearlescent paint job, the new 10 bushel catcher boxes start with these units, suspension seat, cast iron deck gear boxes, headlights, low profile tires, custom serial #plates, commemorative decal package, Max,Bob,Dean signature, a collectors certificate for the wall, oh yeah a commemorative Walker hat too.

To be honest I didn't need a chromed out lawnmower but I got this one with all these upgrades for the same price as a standard unit. I think there are still a few of these out there. Well I know where they have one anyway.

WADE
Screw the MT, I want one of these!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Added two more pics I found.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man Blades are on backwards LOL .

J/K
Nice Mower and welcome to Lawnsite . I think I know where the 6hr on it came from . A parade>>>>>
Old 12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That thing is Brand New! I have one that we use about 2 days a week. Only thing we are not happy with is the leaf control. Shoots them all the way out the back screen. Don't know if it is the power or what. The 26hp's we have leave a perfectly clean yard when done. This mower leaves a lot of crumbs to be blown.
Congrats though and Welcome! Was in Homestead about 2 months ago, wouldn't expect to see many Walkers there with the SAND.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut Oaks Prez View Post
That thing is Brand New! I have one that we use about 2 days a week. Only thing we are not happy with is the leaf control. Shoots them all the way out the back screen. Don't know if it is the power or what. The 26hp's we have leave a perfectly clean yard when done. This mower leaves a lot of crumbs to be blown.
Congrats though and Welcome! Was in Homestead about 2 months ago, wouldn't expect to see many Walkers there with the SAND.
Good call on not expecting to see a Walker down here in Homestead. I bought the machine in Iowa and have it stored up there until I move, in the spring (back to Gods country).
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i would be scared to get that mower dirty
61'' Scag V-Ride 29 HP Kawi
48" Exmark Lazer Z HP
48'' Bobcat Ransome Mower
21'' Husqvarna Mower
Stihl FS55R Weedwacker
Stihl FS100RX Weedwacker
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl MS180C Chainsaw
Giant Vac Walk Behind Blower