Register free!

Old 12-07-2009, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, we use jackhammers as well. No plowing or pulling here, I don't think anyone even knows how.

Jim: Thats funny about wearing out the little Bosch hammers. Those demo hammers rock.

Argos: Do you guys try to punch chimney holes throught the granite or does it perc enough?

BTW: We are actually getting rain here. This is the first real rain I've seen here for months. It'll probably stop now.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
BTW: We are actually getting rain here. This is the first real rain I've seen here for months. It'll probably stop now.
Thank you VERY much for not posting... 'prolly'.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
Thank you VERY much for not posting... 'prolly'.
The term is in reference to a dear friend of ours, "Purple Haze", who, unfortunately, is not on the forum anymore, though I hope he prolly lurks occasionally.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
The term is in reference to a dear friend of ours, "Purple Haze", who, unfortunately, is not on the forum anymore, though I hope he prolly lurks occasionally.
so i don't spell well, my grammer's better (but not my grammper)

straight up, clouds blew south and missed us. weather radio says no rain till fri./sat. maybe.

oh btw, that's west coast marcos

thank you for the info, it has been passed along
Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
as far as digging go's argos, i personally through away the pick and digging bars and use a bosch demo hammer to hand dig, i've worn 3 totally out and am on #4.
Jim, Had one of my bosch demo hammers go down on Friday. Happens to be the one I carry in my truck. I have gotten a lot of use out of it and it may not be worth fixing, but I am emotionally attached to this little gal. It appears to be the "Armature", but I am not 100% sure. Again for $200 it may not be worth fixing, but the new 3/4" hex bit demo hammers are running in the $700 smacker zone AND I like this one. Not sure how to tell it isn't the motor.

What went wrong with yours? I don't think it is the brushes.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
Jim, Had one of my bosch demo hammers go down on Friday. Happens to be the one I carry in my truck. I have gotten a lot of use out of it and it may not be worth fixing, but I am emotionally attached to this little gal. It appears to be the "Armature", but I am not 100% sure. Again for $200 it may not be worth fixing, but the new 3/4" hex bit demo hammers are running in the $700 smacker zone AND I like this one. Not sure how to tell it isn't the motor.

What went wrong with yours? I don't think it is the brushes.
the beater broke, somehow the machine will not hammer in any speed.

i have a reconditioned sds max 11316evs that i paid around $300.00 for, only time i let the crew use it they chopped the cord off in 10 minutes.

here's a parts link http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bos...1391_3183.html

i've had bad luck with the armature shaft breaking and them just not hammering any longer, there is an outlet in reno that might save you some money.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

hey argos, there is a service light that comes on when the machine needs service, it's like a 10 hr notice lite, if it's not serviced after a certain time it won't run until it goes to the factory, i'll look for the link or manual
Old 08-29-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

11316evs great demo hammer. $300 clams ain't bad. I use the 3" spade bit on them. Funny the 11310 puts the spade bit parallel with the tool and the 11316 puts it perpendicular. The parallel alignment works better.

Let me know about the guys in Reno. Might be a good resource.

I definitely do not have a service light. A service light on all my tools would be nice! I have been tightening up my maintenance schedules lately.

I am going to change the brushes, but they still have a little over half life left...is this enough to cause a trouble?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
11316evs great demo hammer. $300 clams ain't bad. I use the 3" spade bit on them. Funny the 11310 puts the spade bit parallel with the tool and the 11316 puts it perpendicular. The parallel alignment works better.
Let me know about the guys in Reno. Might be a good resource.

I definitely do not have a service light. A service light on all my tools would be nice! I have been tightening up my maintenance schedules lately.

I am going to change the brushes, but they still have a little over half life left...is this enough to cause a trouble?
on the backside of the collet for the bit (you push the collet towards the tool to insert/remove the bit) there is a collet that you push away from the tool and it adjusts the angle of the bit, don't quote me but i think that it's in increments of 22.5 degrees. i am irrigating at my place tomorrow so i'll take some pics for you, i adjust my spade to the work not my tool.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

here's the 11316 evs sds max manual.

the light is just below the speed dial.

pg.7 for the lock info

mine are like yours, lots of rock and concrete, lots of abuse.

the hammer i talk about now is my personal own, bought it with my money not the companies, keep your peterbeaters off my friggin hammer you scumbag employee type creep..........that's my answer if it's my son asking.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 11316EVS bosch demo hammer manual.pdf (345.6 KB, 6 views)