Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's good, gotta give ASV some love for standing up like that.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Member

2010 Takeuchi TL250
2006 ASV RC100 - Fecon Bullhog, Ammbusher DL66, Bradco rotary, Bradco Root Rake Grapple, Forks, Bucket
2008 New Holland T5070 - Bush Hog 2715L
2005 Daewoo 175 LCV - Denis CIMAF 125D Brush Cutter
2007 Kenworth T800 - Neville Built Lowboy
Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet new takki! You really hafta give Buck credit for that move, that makes me respect me and ASV, a first class move! congrats on the new machine.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedly05 View Post
Sweet new takki! You really hafta give Buck credit for that move, that makes me respect me and ASV, a first class move! congrats on the new machine.
Thanks.

Yeah, I still can't believe it. He went way beyond what I expected and changed my opinion of ASV real quick.

2010 Takeuchi TL250
2006 ASV RC100 - Fecon Bullhog, Ammbusher DL66, Bradco rotary, Bradco Root Rake Grapple, Forks, Bucket
Old 02-10-2010, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice machine Ted! How does the Takie hold up to the mulching duties so far?

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

18 hours..so far so good.

I've been in the Daewoo this week, back in the Takie next week...

Then ROW!

2010 Takeuchi TL250
Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent to hear that! Hopefully this one will treat ya a little bit better than your ASV. So when are we getting some pics of the Daewoo in action here?

Sent you a text to catch up as well.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 02-12-2010, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwikDraw View Post
I wanted to post a follow up for this story.

The Product Support Manager for ASV, Buck Storlie contacted me through the TBN forum and we had a very good discussion. I told him the whole story of the motor and other issues I had in the past. The best thing about Buck he didn't deny the ASV RC100 had problems but explained how each of the issues I had were improved on the PT. He mentioned a new machine coming out that he couldn't talk about until April. I really got the feeling ASV is trying hard to improve their machine and is moving in the right direction.

Then he asked if I had fixed the ASV and I replied "yes", he then said I should fax him the invoice and he would warranry the whole cost! I was speechless....this was over $10,000...

When a company stands behind a machine like that, it's saying something about them. I am interested to see what the new machines are like.
I am glad that Buck finally helped someone, a couple years ago i bought a new posi-track and after 35 hours i heard something pop and the machine would squeal and would not turn to the left so i called my salesman and they came and picked up the machine and worked on it. They brought it back a few days later, and after about 30 min. it did it again salesman was with me when it did it so back it goes again. This went on for a month thankfully they gave me a loaner. they could not figure out what was wrong so they Flew Buck in from the factory To meet with me and the mechanics. so we meet Buck and he runs the machine for about 15 minutes and comes back and says there is nothing wrong with the machine and that i did not know how to operate it!! He said that you have to do 3 point turns to make the machine turn. What an Idiot!! The machine would not turn at all to the left. He was an arrogant ass and had everybody at the dealership ready to whip his ass. ASV did not want to pay the dealership for all the warranty work they had done on the machine either. I called my salesman and told him we need to talk, he said i already know what you want and it is on it`s way. He went to another dealer and got me a brand new machine and gave it to me. what an awesome Dealer!! They wound up sueing ASV for the warranty work and dropped them, no longer selling ASV Machines. The new machine turned perfect even without doing 3 point turns[HA HA] I really liked my ASV machine but when i got readY to trade i didn`t even consider another one, all because of an ******* named BUCK!! But i am glad that he stepped up to the plate for you.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Excellent to hear that! Hopefully this one will treat ya a little bit better than your ASV. So when are we getting some pics of the Daewoo in action here?

Sent you a text to catch up as well.
Arp, how does that 50D feel with that head on it? Stable?
Old 02-17-2010, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive got over 1000 hours on my RC 50, RC 60, and 100 and havent had any real problems with them...Its almost time for an upgrade and I am glad that ASV is standing behind their products... Corporate is just down the road from me (Westport, Ct) and I would be paying them a visit if I ever had a nightmare like that....Who is a good Takeuchi dealer in Ct. now that W.I. Clark doesnt sell them anymore ?