Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Dump the piece of sh*t, ASV's are cheap right off the line. Buy a real skid steer, any name brand is better. Don't get me wrong, I like the undercarriages, but ASV's machine quality around their undercarriages are just crap, they even use the same engines as Cat, and Cat has had major (and still is having) issues with their engines.
Ron...with all due respect...you change machine brands as much as most people change their underwear

You may have owned damn near every brand out there, but I don't think you're qualified to make a blanket statement like that until you've owned an ASV machine. I know that I can't speak for all ASV owners out there, and while I don't think ASV has the best fit and finish out there, the quality has been just fine.

BTW...the only engine having trouble was the 2.2L turboed engine. Unless, CAT has been having major problems with their Backhoes, telehandlers, large frame skids, etc., I think the 4.4L engines, the 3.3L engines (Mitsubishi not even CAT) and the naturally aspirated 2.2L engines have been pretty good at least from what I've heard.

In a year you'll be bagging the Takeuchi for something. What happens when you run out of OEMs to run? Bobcat again?
Old 12-06-2009, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
In a year you'll be bagging the Takeuchi for something. What happens when you run out of OEMs to run? Bobcat again?
Deere????????????????????????
Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
CNH warranty doesnt cover final drives. Check out my pos newholland c185 after 700 hours. Dealer said go f yourself basically. And you cant just buy the gears, you have to buy the whole hub assembly which was $6000. Anyone on here with a case or nh track machine better hope theres doesnt go cause i got the LAST ONE for the next 3-4 months. Had to ship it from either italy or england and that took a week and a half. Dealer wouldnt even pay the shipping.
T.S.S i have a final in my shop off my deere that looks exactly like that. and i just did the second one because the rear seal blew. i feel your pain.

how much oil did that drive have in it when you pulled the cover? i would say none it just had a sticky slimmy grease in it.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post
Deere????????????????????????
No, Ron will be bragging about his Racoon.

Name:  7%5Cskidsteer%5Cimg%5C200929112624.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  60.7 KB

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha thats why i like you! ahhhh hahaha
Old 12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

"My Racoon is the only skidsteer on the market with a pull cord. I don't have to mess around with those unreliable electric starters."

Future quote from Ron.

Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Once upon a time, there was a lonely oxygen atom. The oxygen atom met two little hydrogen atoms, and suggested they try a threesome. They did, and everybody got wet. The end.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
Kss-yes it was.

Yellowdog- what did you have the rear hyd for? Tree spade?
I run the CAT-FAE mulcher on my bobcat. The mulching trap door uses low-flow hydraulics to open and close. On my CAT 272c, it worked on the existing plumbing. On Bobcat, you have to get secondary auxiliary hydraulics (rear hydraulics too) to operate. I am plumbed now for rear and have the diverter block but I closed off the rear hydraulics because they would get hung up in the woods. The book makes the process look easy. My dealer is top notch but had much trouble getting the secondary auxiliary and rear hydraulics plumbed. It added about 3k to the cost of my machine and still leaks on occasion along with error codes but it allows me to operate that trap door.
When I bought the mulcher Bobcat didn't have it's fecon/Bobcat mulcher out so I went with the CAT mulcher. It works good but would be so much easier if the door was operated by electric over hydraulic that I could plug into my round port on my 330.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 12-06-2009, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerman21 View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about... They won't cover it or fix it right?

As Jeff said in is much more detailed post the extended warranty is for the manufacturer to profit from. If you Mulch with a machine for 5000 hours and it accrues repair bills at a rate that people are posting the manufacturer will just void the warranty when it becomes a negative asset. No manufacturer basis there extended warranty costs off of a machine used for mulching.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
Ron...with all due respect...you change machine brands as much as most people change their underwear

You may have owned damn near every brand out there, but I don't think you're qualified to make a blanket statement like that until you've owned an ASV machine. I know that I can't speak for all ASV owners out there, and while I don't think ASV has the best fit and finish out there, the quality has been just fine.

BTW...the only engine having trouble was the 2.2L turboed engine. Unless, CAT has been having major problems with their Backhoes, telehandlers, large frame skids, etc., I think the 4.4L engines, the 3.3L engines (Mitsubishi not even CAT) and the naturally aspirated 2.2L engines have been pretty good at least from what I've heard.

Cat is having issues with the 4 liters now, they are Cat painted Perkins, since Perkins went away with the sleeved blocks, nothing but problems, it all starts with oil burning.
The company we hire for crushing has a little Cat/Perkins 6 banger, he burns about 5 gallons of oil every 2 weeks, and the engine is only 2 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 12-07-2009, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got a copy of the warranty. Forestry is excluded in this warranty, might be included in others certainly at a higher rate.

The money is also higher since I last checked.

I could get 5 year 3K hour bumper to bumper for $6500. They do have 5 year 5K hour and it was like $11K. I will post the paperwork when I have a minute.

TSS your final would have been covered as a CASE anyway. Unless you ran it out of oil or something it specifically says that the finals are covered assuming you still had coverage.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.