Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-13-2009, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do these prices sound.

Hi guys and gals,

I was looking for an opinion on whether these prices sound too high, too low, or just right. I know that there's all kind of variables but just use your best judgement with what I have if you can. I used both an online calculator and my own math to get numbers for the prices I have down and they came out way different.

Assumptions- about $56/hr with helper (includes my pay too) and can mow about 66000sqft/hr. I'm using a dollar a minute on my calculations.

Cemetery- I've trimmed on this property before and I know that it usually takes the guy 4.5 hours or so do mow and trim. The property is about 305,900sqft. When using the calculator I got 446/wk and by my math 278/wk. The calculator includes extra markup that I don't but I don't think it would be close to 200 dollars.

Bank- Never done this. I'd be bidding on 3 fairly close together. Overall they are 71560sqft for 1hr 15min and as I figure it with drive time, load/unload, etc it comes to a total of 2hrs 30min. Using the calculator I got 217/wk and by my math I got 150.

I know my estimates have a little less profit margin but I still get paid and am not losing money. Any Ideas? I'm sure there will be lots of good advice and probably some less than enthusiastic responses. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawncaresuccess.com/
Old 12-13-2009, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Did it work for you?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Member

so what your saying is if my lawn is approx. 66,000 sq. ft I'm looking at a price of about $60 dollars from you? and you cut that in an hour with 2 guys. How does $30 bucks an hour sound to you? If your satisfied with that amount of money then use that system. Sounds a little on the cheap side to me but I am also from a different area. You can email me or send me a message if your interested in the way i calculate for my lawn cutting. Hooklawncare@yahoo.com and good luck.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the responses. I'm still trying to get my formula down. I usually work solo and so the numbers I'm using are based on that but then I just added helper pay into my cost an hour. Oh well, work in progress.