Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2009, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Finally used my fluid film!!!

I have had my free sample can of fluid film for a few months now and never got around to using it until the other day. I put it on my $300 trailer hitch I bought this year. Since part of the hitch stays on the truck all year, I wanted to make sure it looks good for as long as possible and won't rust. So that is going to be the test, as long as it doesn't rust in the harsh Michigan winter, I will be happy. I've heard so many good things about Fluid Film that I have high expectations for it. I'm already planning on using Fluid Film on my new mowers in the spring.

My only problem at the moment is that I don't have a local place to get fluid film, so I would have to order online. I talked to my Deere dealer about it and they will be looking into getting for the store and didn't even hear about it before. So hopefully they will be stocking that soon after doing some research.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has recommended Fluid Film, I think you have me hooked on it.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey i just bought a new pintle hitch, im going to try that, i have had my can for months too, i never thought to put it on their lol thanks mowerbrad

22 Years Old
10 Years in Business

-Commercial/ Residential
-Full Service.. Lawn Care, Landscaping, Estate Care, Snow & Ice Management

http://www.facebook.com/MMDLC

As of Dec. 2013 College is over and I'm full time!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
I have had my free sample can of fluid film for a few months now and never got around to using it until the other day. I put it on my $300 trailer hitch I bought this year. Since part of the hitch stays on the truck all year, I wanted to make sure it looks good for as long as possible and won't rust. So that is going to be the test, as long as it doesn't rust in the harsh Michigan winter, I will be happy. I've heard so many good things about Fluid Film that I have high expectations for it. I'm already planning on using Fluid Film on my new mowers in the spring.

My only problem at the moment is that I don't have a local place to get fluid film, so I would have to order online. I talked to my Deere dealer about it and they will be looking into getting for the store and didn't even hear about it before. So hopefully they will be stocking that soon after doing some research.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has recommended Fluid Film, I think you have me hooked on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and My Diddy Lawn Care View Post
Hey i just bought a new pintle hitch, im going to try that, i have had my can for months too, i never thought to put it on their lol thanks mowerbrad
I'm sure you guys will be happy with the results, be sure to join the Fluid Film Army!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Fluid Film has so many uses,you will love it, I do!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

just check your hitch every so often and apply new coats as needed. it's gonna take alot to get it off of there but driving round on salt and sand is gonna be harder on it than just the normal summer months. i'm sure you'll be pleased with the results though
Old 12-16-2009, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamvahere View Post
Fluid Film has so many uses,you will love it, I do!!!!
chathamvahere, have you joined the fluid film group, yet?!?!!? If not, its time to join now...