Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

New Website

Hey guys, we are new to this site and were wondering what you think of the website we have. Please check it out and give us some feedback.

www.aimlandscaping.com
Old 12-16-2009, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome website guy. I like that A LOT. Very professional and clean. You obviously paid somebody very well for that. Congratualtions.

I would consider adding pictures of work in the near future. Good luck with your business.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually, my wife developed and implemented the site on her own. She has a marketing and advertising background that enabled her to launch it on her own. This past season was really busy and unfortunately one of our dogs got a hold of the digital camera and we lost a ton of pictures, so we are going to be adding more pictures of our work once this season gets started. You are not the first one to mention that the site is lacking pictures. I appreciate your feedback. Good luck to you and your company in the future!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, your wife definitely has talent in that area. That is one of the most professionally done landscape company websites I've ever seen.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 12-16-2009, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks good.

But FYI, I needed to highlight the yellow and gold text on the home page and elsewhere to read what it said.

A grey might work better.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 12-17-2009, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
It looks good.

But FYI, I needed to highlight the yellow and gold text on the home page and elsewhere to read what it said.

A grey might work better.
I just checked it out and I see what you mean. I will ask her if she can change the color of the text. Thank you.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIMscapes View Post
Hey guys, we are new to this site and were wondering what you think of the website we have. Please check it out and give us some feedback.

www.aimlandscaping.com
wow your wife did a good job!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like it, she did a good job.

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIMscapes View Post

www.aimlandscaping.com
Adam,

I noticed you (or your wife) used the Yahoo! Site Builder Application and applied the "Key Real Estate Agent|Urban - Green" template. (It's in your META tags).

I assume that the browser titles are mirroring each pages file names since your about us page file name is "about_us.html" and your browser title reads "about_us" (and repeats for each page). If this is in fact the case, then you should reconsider renaming your page file names to improve SEO. For example, "cherry_valley_illinois_landscaping_company_contact_us.html".

Obviously, if you can change your browser title independently of having to mirror the page file name, then do so. It's a simple fact that search engines cannot use "about_us" to accurately index the fact that your landscaping company serves Cherry Valley, IL.

Also, you should add a "footer navigation menu" and XML site map.

Insert ALT or TITLE attributes for your body images to improve search indexing. Do the same when you add photos to a gallery.

You might also want to consider using a more secure form script since I can see the recipient email address in your source code. If I can see it, so can spammer software that's used to intentionally scrape forms on sites:

mwilixxxx@aimlandscaping.com <--Anyone you know?

I did notice that you have stylized text at the top of each page (in the green bar). That's an old "trick" of mine since search spiders like to index stylized and header text starting from the top of a page on-down. That's a good thing. BUT...you should consider inserting keywords in the green bar as opposed to just a tag line. Up to you, though.

I also scanned your HTML source code. No Description or Keyword METAs! You need to correct that as soon as possible.

From a design standpoint, it's not so bad. It's a standard, no-frills template. But as a template, the ball is in your court to fix the above issues. None of it is too difficult. If you have FTP access to your site files, and you can figure out basic HTML, then it'll be a breeze.

Best of luck.

-Robert-

-
Old 01-04-2010, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Robert,

Although I do appreciate your "in depth" feedback, I must say that the majority of your observations are Greek to me. I will however pass this information onto my wife, as she is the more technologically saavy individual in this operation. Your comments are appreciated and I will be sure to let you know how she goes about these recommended changes.

Thanks,

Adam