Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here is one we sprayed today for another landscaper, was thinking we might need one of BargeMan's barges but just had enough hose to reach all the way down. We sprayed it with wildflower mix and some rye. Sounds like if this works there maybe be a bunch more to do, we were only there for hour and half so that was way cool.

Then some picture of a renovation we did, regrade some and add shrubbies/rock around the house. The 'fun' part was digging out rock and dirt under the deck so water would run away, it was about three days worth to dig out and place the rock.

Or not, the pictures won't load......will work on that...
Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Let's try this again...
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think we've all done shoveling under a deck like that before. I can remember each time I had to do it. I was wondering if you had a thread and I guess I remember looking through it awhile ago now. That 2 tier wall under that deck looks amazing with those pavers, what a difference that made!

By the way, that TK sure is pretty.

It's amazing how people don't understand the concept and idea that they want water to flow away from their house, not towards it.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe this time?

Well, my job pictures aren't loading so lets have some PowerBlack? Lets be honest, the tractor pictures are more interesting... I would like to run one with an Ashland pan.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Wall Structures View Post
I think we've all done shoveling under a deck like that before. I can remember each time I had to do it. I was wondering if you had a thread and I guess I remember looking through it awhile ago now. That 2 tier wall under that deck looks amazing with those pavers, what a difference that made!

By the way, that TK sure is pretty.

It's amazing how people don't understand the concept and idea that they want water to flow away from their house, not towards it.
The sad thing is the client said the deck builder had a skid there and was supposed to grade things out, probably 10 minutes of work? Instead it takes days, or crazy many man hours.

I wish the client thought that tiered wall was nice...

Yeah my 'boulderscaping' isn't so great, I can see things but can't quite manipulate the rocks to get there.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
The sad thing is the client said the deck builder had a skid there and was supposed to grade things out, probably 10 minutes of work? Instead it takes days, or crazy many man hours.

I wish the client thought that tiered wall was nice...

Yeah my 'boulderscaping' isn't so great, I can see things but can't quite manipulate the rocks to get there.

Our modular wall guys are carrying block by block keystone standards down to to a wall by Prior Lake. All handwork and shovel work right now. Not fun.

As far as boulder walls I've never built one with a bucket and thumb or even used a thumb before but a Towtem or any grapple has to make building them much easier. However I do have to say my walls have much smaller gaps and look better than when someone else does them from our company. I have a lot of hours in boulder walls though so that helps, put 480 hours on the 160 this year already.

Your customer didn't like that wall that you underbid? Looks way better than what was in there and on the other side of the basement.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Wall Structures View Post
Our modular wall guys are carrying block by block keystone standards down to to a wall by Prior Lake. All handwork and shovel work right now. Not fun.

As far as boulder walls I've never built one with a bucket and thumb or even used a thumb before but a Towtem or any grapple has to make building them much easier. However I do have to say my walls have much smaller gaps and look better than when someone else does them from our company. I have a lot of hours in boulder walls though so that helps, put 480 hours on the 160 this year already.

Your customer didn't like that wall that you underbid? Looks way better than what was in there and on the other side of the basement.
I bet it does help the more hours you get. It must get so you don't have to think, just set the boulder after awhile. I would like to stick with it some so I can get better.

As for that tiered wall, they didn't seem excited at all so not sure what to think on that one.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a rockery last year and it's annoying not having a grapple. Thumb and bucket are doable for the rock wall every now and then, which is me. :-/
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-15-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a small project I finished today, supper cool clients to work for.

What is up with pictures not uploading anymore? The last three times I've tried they just won't go?
Old 09-17-2011, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty much finished this wall up on Friday, get to build another bigger one next week.
Attached Images