Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-21-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great looking machine! So far I am in love with our sv300. Let us know how it goes! I have to admit these alpha series machines are at the top of there class.

A.E.L

Land Clearing, Grinding services, Mulch Production, Excavating, Grading

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice machines. Nothing wrong with the servos. The next generation of the EH is supposed to release next month. You might want to wait to run one of those machines before you drop the hammer on a servo. They expanded the options on the console made some updates, I am told. After they release I am going to see how much of that can be updated to existing machines.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile DeviceNice machine, Stuve! The only complaint with the controls on my TR320 is the loader arms drop too quick if you're running fast, and they slam on the stops. I wish they were cushioned some. Besides that they are pretty smooth.

Last edited by dozerman21; 04-22-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Nice machines. Nothing wrong with the servos. The next generation of the EH is supposed to release next month. You might want to wait to run one of those machines before you drop the hammer on a servo. They expanded the options on the console made some updates, I am told. After they release I am going to see how much of that can be updated to existing machines.
Hmmm, that is interesting and will have to ask the salesman on that? Like I said, the CTL's E/H were to me great and if that would be how the wheeled are I would go for it then. I am torn because I'm not overjoyed with the servos and think resale might be better having switchable controls. One of the Case guys said the E/H is comparable to other brands but I am not familiar with how the others are. I wonder if I got to spend a couple days if I would get use to the E/H? I think the Alphas servo may be just a little easier to operate than the Series 3 servos, it's hard to judge because they are so different from each other. I have some nit-picks on the Alpha but the cab is way better than the S3's. Sadly it doesn't have the same sound as the 440. And I am planning to run VTS, they say it's possible and has been done...
Old 04-22-2013, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think there is some personal adjustment that goes with EH. I have no doubt that regardless of how much time some people spend in them however, they just dont like them. You hear the same thing from some C series CAT owners.

I have been told that the CTLs have turn out the best as far as EH controlability, next is the large skid steers. It seems the more weight of the machine there is the easier the machine controls. The small machines are still a work in progress I am told which is unfortunate.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Awhile ago I spent around an hour trying different E/H settings with a tech, it would have been nice to have more time with it. I think there was one that wasn't too bad but the tech kept changing everything and moved away from what I thought was 'better'. It was also on snowpack, being in the dirt it may be a little more resistance? Would the drag of the VTS help I wonder? If they are working on an update, that should improve things. When they get the E/H down this machine will be wicked...
Old 04-22-2013, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think with VTS it would definetly quiet it down. I would expect it to react much like the CTLs operate. Either way I would try and get your hands on the very latest EH version before you make a decision.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I think with VTS it would definetly quiet it down. I would expect it to react much like the CTLs operate. Either way I would try and get your hands on the very latest EH version before you make a decision.
The salesman about killed me this morning when I started asking on the E/H updates/machines...
Old 04-22-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Believe me a few days and you will get use to the e/h controls
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I'm pretty bummed, if I run the VTS it will be 88" wide which is a problem as my trailer is 82" so looks like no new skid. We checked the dealers inventory but they didn't have any Tier 3 TV380's as a second option.