Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You got the money?
Old 12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Member

another question regarding business

im 22, i worked for Scotts since i was 17-i am a semester away from my bachelors in entomology from UF-they take 10%, see the thing is i desperately want to go into the business for myself-my fear is the start ofcourse with no costumers versus 135, i understand the door to door sales, door knockers, blah blah blah, but what do you think is the best method to build the business? After viewing his financials and what he is selling it for- my accounting and other advisors are saying it isnt worth half even with the equipment and all so i am thinking of going out for myself-I am just very nervous-i want to base my business stricktly on lawn fertilization-palms-insecticide, the whole nine yards with lawns, any helpful advice would be greatly apprciated in regards to the start up, i am not going to lie, i love the business, i love making a complete 360 on a lawn-i will only use top shelp products because i know what its like to be ripped off for shitty products and a 50 dollar a month charge, any advice would be great-immediate advice please email me at igtgame@aol.com, text 9738974665
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igtgame View Post
im 22, i worked for Scotts since i was 17-i am a semester away from my bachelors in entomology from UF-they take 10%, see the thing is i desperately want to go into the business for myself-my fear is the start ofcourse with no costumers versus 135, i understand the door to door sales, door knockers, blah blah blah, but what do you think is the best method to build the business? After viewing his financials and what he is selling it for- my accounting and other advisors are saying it isnt worth half even with the equipment and all so i am thinking of going out for myself-I am just very nervous-i want to base my business stricktly on lawn fertilization-palms-insecticide, the whole nine yards with lawns, any helpful advice would be greatly apprciated in regards to the start up, i am not going to lie, i love the business, i love making a complete 360 on a lawn-i will only use top shelp products because i know what its like to be ripped off for shitty products and a 50 dollar a month charge, any advice would be great-immediate advice please email me at igtgame@aol.com, text 9738974665
With your attitude and background you will succeed on your own! If you have the money to consider buying a franchise, you are better off saving it for equipment and marketing on your own. It will take time, but once you are showing results let your customers become your best salesmen.

Go for it!!

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i would stay away from franchises.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonslawnmanagement View Post
i would stay away from franchises.
That's great, but would you like to offer the OP advice on why?