Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-22-2009, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Got to love Mclarens' video's they depict some really stupid operators, "hey Phil, how about going right over that pile of broken concrete and rubble, yeah, yeah, never mind going around it, f**k it, just go over it".

I wonder how Takeuchi OEM tracks stack up to Mclarens?

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Got to love Mclarens' video's they depict some really stupid operators, "hey Phil, how about going right over that pile of broken concrete and rubble, yeah, yeah, never mind going around it, f**k it, just go over it".

I wonder how Takeuchi OEM tracks stack up to Mclarens?

TK uses Bridgestone tracks. I get great life out of my excavator tracks. I should get pretty close to 2K. My last TK had 1500 hours when I traded and they were about 80% shot. I have 1000 on this machine and I have at least 60%. They sure are rough riding though.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I watched the video, I agree with Swede I think I would rather have those. I would like to hear from someone who runs that track, it would appear to me that it would perform well in snow as well. What was the cost of these from Mc Laren?
I run Mclaren on my T320...just love um in snow
Also had them on my previous t300
the following 2 videos are the T300 with mclaren working on about 3 - 4% slope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcupDenb5Hk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8F0dd2kk8
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
He was quoted $1850 or so for 15" plus $300.00 shippinng. So 2K a piece. That is pretty steep. I have the 18" tracks so they would likely be more yet. I also want the new tread design if I go to the VTS OEM track. That old style blocky tread is a vibration producing tread.

Are the 18" tracks what Loegering makes for the 440, or could you have gone with the 15" tracks?

How many realistic hours are you guys getting out of the VTS bands before you have to replace them?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Got to get a price for the cat 277b
thanks for the link
Old 12-22-2009, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerman21 View Post
Are the 18" tracks what Loegering makes for the 440, or could you have gone with the 15" tracks?

How many realistic hours are you guys getting out of the VTS bands before you have to replace them?
I have heard you could put on the 'mid-size' frame on the 440 that uses the 15" track, I have an 18" 'big-size' frame. I wish I knew how many hours were on the VTS before I got them so I knew how many hours they can last.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I have heard you could put on the 'mid-size' frame on the 440 that uses the 15" track, I have an 18" 'big-size' frame. I wish I knew how many hours were on the VTS before I got them so I knew how many hours they can last.
Stuve I'm in the same boat got mine used a year ago have about 200 hours on them. The cracks seem to be getting worse so I am thinking about getting a set to prepare for the inevitable.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a set of 18"x56L VTS tracks forsale if anyone has an interest in them the Belts are in decent shape outside chewed up a little where the rollers run on the inside and the as far as the rollers one bottom roller is missing few others need bearings i also have another set for parts with 1 good belt also 56Link x18" could make one good set or sell parts or just sell the belts whatever you may need !!!
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Member

I am not sure what the pricing will be on the Mclarens. I know I got a special promotional price, and had to agree to give them updates every couple hundred hours on how they were wearing.

You should be able to get at least 1200 hours on the original tracks used on the vts. I as well got both of my sets used, and the ones that just got replaced they claimed had 400 hours on them when I got them, and they were cracked extremely bad when I got them and didn't think they would last long but I put 900 hours on them before the left side ripped halfways across. My other vts has the new style loegering tracks with the C pattern and they are a little smoother then the original but still not as smooth as I hope the Mclarens are. I hate vibration, before I went out on my own 3 years ago I ran a 277B for my old boss and I love the ride of that machine. The new style C pattern tracks do not crack as bad for sure I put 300 hours on them this year and I'm not sure how many were on when I got them, but there are very few cracks in them.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Forgot to add the set of tracks in the pictures in previous post have about 400 hours on them have not seen cracks yet i think they are a better track then the old style also these have been thru gravel 'sand and the worst they were not just light use either