Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2010, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=bishoplandscape;3418491]We don't use the solideal tracks. Have them on a case 440 series 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
holy shet he lives!!!!!!
Thats funny I'm always around. In fact heard you were talking to my buddies at lush lawn they gonna push some stuff your way.
You didn't hear that, you saw my truck as you were pulling out the other night. I saw you leaving.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Nice, you have the right brand and a S3 even! You can't get Picasso to try PowerTan?

You have the narrow track VTS, how do you like them? How wide are they? Do you feel like you can get the power to the ground?
They have been real good such improved traction, flotation. I was highly recommended the smaller set because of a larger company breaking their axles with the large set and I didn't want to be any wider their 12 inches wide. the only down side they don't make replacement rubber in aftermarket.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoplandscape View Post
They have been real good such improved traction, flotation. I was highly recommended the smaller set because of a larger company breaking their axles with the large set and I didn't want to be any wider their 12 inches wide. the only down side they don't make replacement rubber in aftermarket.
I have a theory that you could get the machine with VTS(12" set) down to 66" wide, am I close? Do you feel you are lacking any floatation with the narrower set? I really want to get a 410 and a 12" VTS for a small machine.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I have a theory that you could get the machine with VTS(12" set) down to 66" wide, am I close? Do you feel you are lacking any floatation with the narrower set? I really want to get a 410 and a 12" VTS for a small machine.
Im not sure I guess it would depend on the wheel base mine is just over 72" with the 12" set. And with the way you can feel the stress on the axles I wouldn't put the 18 inch ones on it. Granted it would be a beast. We have ran through some swampy situations and was real impressed.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

rubbertrackdepot.com offers a 12" replacement track for vts. great price of $969 per track delievered. do not know of the quality. as always, buyer beware.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSet N' Grade View Post
rubbertrackdepot.com offers a 12" replacement track for vts. great price of $969 per track delievered. do not know of the quality. as always, buyer beware.
Funny I just called after I seen this and they say they only carry the 18" tracks for the vts and thats all they can get. Also no undercarriage parts who gave you a price? Ive checked all over and had to buy oem tracks because the small tracks are such a rare size they don't make aftermarket.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have the VTS on our 440 based on recommendations from this site. Everyone I spoke to locally dogged them, but none had experience.

After putting them on, all I can say is WOW! The machine is absolutely incredible and I dont think I could ask for more.

The Thursday before last I bought a 2006 Takeuchi TL140 because of a blizzard we had coming. Very nice machine, but I have to say, and sorry to all the Takki fans, I already have it sold =). The machine is absolutely night and day from the 440 with the VTS. We had pusher boxes on both machines, and also 8' front dump buckets. The case worked that Takki into the ground.

So now I am looking for a nice 440 series three with pilot controls to put some VTS on because that Takki just cant cut it compared to the 440. It was inferior with power, speed, and traction, I mean not even close I was shocked!

Here was a quick video, they werent moving fast due to ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DBhFejgdo
Old 02-16-2010, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer View Post
We have the VTS on our 440 based on recommendations from this site. Everyone I spoke to locally dogged them, but none had experience.

After putting them on, all I can say is WOW! The machine is absolutely incredible and I dont think I could ask for more.

The Thursday before last I bought a 2006 Takeuchi TL140 because of a blizzard we had coming. Very nice machine, but I have to say, and sorry to all the Takki fans, I already have it sold =). The machine is absolutely night and day from the 440 with the VTS. We had pusher boxes on both machines, and also 8' front dump buckets. The case worked that Takki into the ground.

So now I am looking for a nice 440 series three with pilot controls to put some VTS on because that Takki just cant cut it compared to the 440. It was inferior with power, speed, and traction, I mean not even close I was shocked!

Here was a quick video, they werent moving fast due to ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DBhFejgdo
Lucky for you that you could get rid of the Tak.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Lucky for you that you could get rid of the Tak.
Ya, just lucked out, I had planned on sitting on it and just waiting since Im not in a rush. Just so happened a brother of a friend was looking for exactly this machine. Im still floored about the difference in performance! I keep telling my dealer to come down and run the 440 to see what a real machine performs like =).
Old 02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzer View Post
Ya, just lucked out, I had planned on sitting on it and just waiting since Im not in a rush. Just so happened a brother of a friend was looking for exactly this machine. Im still floored about the difference in performance! I keep telling my dealer to come down and run the 440 to see what a real machine performs like =).
Can you imagine what it would be like if Case would get rid of the CTL versions and embrace the VTS? Actually engineer the 440(or other sizes too) to handle the VTS and not have to worry about anything?