Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-27-2013, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't bash the Brand, look at the dealer

I owned a 2006 model year 273hst...It had a few teething problems but the local dealer was terrific. TYM had a voluntary recall of the exhaust due to cracking from vibration. I called my dealer and told them I did not have time to bring the machine in (they were 30 miles away)...They sent me a brand new exhaust, no questions asked! I told them one of the headlight lenses had yellowed from UV sunlight exposure and they sent me a brand new headlight! The only other issue was cracking rubber boots on the steering ball joints and they sent me new ones! Again, no questions asked! To me, that is incredible customer support! I sold the tractor a few years ago but have since found another one I am looking to buy! Regardless of brand, all new machines have a few bugs. It's how the company stands by their product is what counts. TYM has been incredible in that regard. Who else has a 3yr bumper to bumper and a 5 yr powertrain warranty?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
You get what you pay for. I have been running kubotas for the last decade, yes they are a lot more expensive but they are arguably the highest quality cut on the market, I cant afford to have my machine down and kubotas rarely break down.
Part of Kubota's reliability is the fact that they still manufacture all the major components in-house(engines, hydros, trannies) and other parts. I've run the snot out of my ag. Kubotas for the last 10yrs and it's been nothing but filters&fluids. I was a mechanic for 25yrs before retiring to farm hay. Kubota takes pride in how things are designed for the most part. I had one hydro line bust on my smaller tractor and Kubota covered to price of the line despite the tractor being way out of warranty. My local Bota dealer won't touch a Korean tractor of any color on trade. He says he just does not want to get involved with selling a unit to one of his customers that he knows may be difficult for the customer to get parts support and tech info if an unusual problem develops. If I am correct TYM is supplying some of New Holland's compact line and the local dealer's not happy at all. Shibauru supplied them in the past with a good tractor but the Korean made New Hollands are not the same according to them.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I look @ kubota as being the mack truck of the tractor industry! They build the frame,the engine the tranny, the whole damn thing! Mack does the same thing. I will never have a kubota dealer tell me that their having trouble acquiring the part i need from an independent vender!