Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2010, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dam you TAC!!! I am getting out this weekend to set out some jugs and trout lines but gotta get my trolling motor before I can do any serious fishin with the new duck rig. Hard to drop the $650 on the motorguide wireless I gotta have now during the winter when I should be buying stuff for the upcoming season. Cant wait to get out and post some pics of my own on this thread instead of looking at TAC sleighing them!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

TAC... Put a couple those Reds in the mail for me... Lucky Ba$tard!!!

That's right I am now officially jealous!!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, this is all I have to show for a hard day of fishing.

Nice day, little windy, lots of folks fishing but not much catching.

This one Spec and one rat Red was it for me, there is always next time.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another cool half million bucks for Kevin Vandam last night at the bassmasters classic. Amazing the limits these guys were catchin even in cold, no fish under 3 or so pounds. Wonder what kinda bonus BassPro has in the mail for KVD. Must be nice!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Member

LOVE to fish! That or a long M/C ride! Best way to get a load off my mind. I haven't fished since my dad passed away, It was kinda "our thing". I need to get back out there cuz that's what he would want.

I LOVE saltwater, but it doesn't love me! I do all the "chumming" if ya know what I mean...but I reel em in anyways! Very exciting, on a charter day trip, going over and under all the lines. I've won the boat prize for best catch, so that was fun! I thought the prize was for me being the best catch, but they meant the fish! I really enjoy getting Yellowtail, then smoking them. Usually go to Fisherman's Landing in San Diego.

I LOVE lake fishing. Mostly Bass and Trout. Also get lots of Crappie, and occasionally some Cat. I usually catch and release. If I can keep em from swallowing the hook! Those I cook up!

I really get a kick out of ICE FISHING in Colorado!!! I seem to have a lucky streak at that. Guys all around me will wonder how I get my limit in an hour, and they only have a couple. It's my secret way I set up the bait, a special combination in a certain order on the hook. ( I guess???) I sold my auger, so now I have to go to the holes some guy drilled and left when they moved to another hole. They HATE it when I start pulling out the trout!

LOVE Fishing the streams in Colorado for the brookies too. Used to take a couple of pack horses into the mountains and stay for the weekend. Gosh I miss all that!

I got tons of stories about fishing, but a funny one is:
There are alot of rattlesnakes where we fished. If the lake was crowded we would have to go to shore so I could pee! Can't just whip it out like you guys do and not get noticed! So we'd go to shore so I could find a tree. ALL THE WAY into shore Dad would preach "Now watch out for rattlers" over and over, and over. (I seem to have rattler run-ins more than most people, they like me I guess.) Well I always repeated "I know dad, I know!" So I scramble up the bank, the lake is CROWDED with guys and I head for the tree. I checked that spot soooooo good for rattlers. I squatted and all of a sudden BZZZZZZZZZZZZ! He was right under me, and pissed on, and pissed off! It was 5'2" A fat monster! He struck at my shoes, I jumped up out of my shorts and ran behind a rock yelling at my dad that my shorts were on a rattler. Well here comes EVERYBODY, and I'm trying to hide behind a rock. Dad came to my rescue, The End

Thanks for reminding me! Now, I'm headed to the store for some Fishy Pretzels! Those are the LONG Pretzel RODS, that you can still eat while your fishing without washing the fish guts and worm goo off your hands. You just eat it almost to the end, and throw the fish-gut-gooey-worm tip of the pretzel rod into the lake!

Love ya Dad, thinkin 'bout cha!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

hey TAC. I am hooking up to the boat and heading down to the condo on Saturday. My plan is to fish the flats, the islands, the keys and of couse some everglade bassin. Any suggestions? I am a freshwater fisherman but want to learn inshore salt. I will be in naples and have 2 weeks to fish southwest FL.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
hey TAC. I am hooking up to the boat and heading down to the condo on Saturday. My plan is to fish the flats, the islands, the keys and of couse some everglade bassin. Any suggestions? I am a freshwater fisherman but want to learn inshore salt. I will be in naples and have 2 weeks to fish southwest FL.
Hauling the skeeter all the way down to florida? How many miles is that trip?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoetschOutdoor View Post
Hauling the skeeter all the way down to florida? How many miles is that trip?
actually i am taking my champion 201. I dont mind beating her up. its 1500 miles one way.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 03-04-2010, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
What Key will be your home base??? I realize you said flats and islands,But with a twenty foot Champ... The flats may be some difficult manuevering. My suggestion would be to head out to about 80 foot of water and bottom fish the reef. Never know what you might catch. Maybe slack line and chum for some yellow tails!! Good luck and I'm jealous, Show use some pictures of the catch!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonpcat View Post
What Key will be your home base??? I realize you said flats and islands,But with a twenty foot Champ... The flats may be some difficult manuevering. My suggestion would be to head out to about 80 foot of water and bottom fish the reef. Never know what you might catch. Maybe slack line and chum for some yellow tails!! Good luck and I'm jealous, Show use some pictures of the catch!!!
i am basing out of Naples. Are the flats that shallow? I plan to chum for bulls as well in the ten thousand islands. But good idea for the yellow tails. I would need to deep chum for them though right? Maybe drop it down on a down rigger? I will take plenty of pics and post them here. I am new to the salt so any help and advice would be much appreciated. Including rigging advice. I am all loaded up and ready to go! I leave sat morning! yeeaa

SOLO OPERATION

Last edited by punt66; 03-05-2010 at 06:22 AM.