Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Been working 6 days a week for the past month and it's HOT!!

This is all I have been able to catch.
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I couldn't take it anymore, had to get on the water today even if it was only for a short time.

2 17" Trout, 1 dink Trout, and 2 more hits that felt like good Trout but they got off.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Some trout I caught in the Wild Ammonoosuk River in Bath NH. The big one is a 18" brook trout and the others are 8"-14" rainbow, brown and brook tout.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2011, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Some trout I caught in the Wild Ammonoosuk River in Bath NH. The big one is a 18" brook trout and the others are 8"-14" rainbow, brown and brook tout.
Those are some funny looking Trout.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Those are some funny looking Trout.
hahaha, those are REAL trout. Kind of like real lobster vs your warm water rock lobster

I had one of the best bass fishing days of my life yesterday. I was in the CT river fishing creeks for Pike and saw bass working in the slop. So i tied on a topwater swim frog and caught 2-4 lb bass all day through the scum with huge explosions. I went through 2 packs of frogs and boated over 40 fish. What a day!

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-09-2011, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
hahaha, those are REAL trout. Kind of like real lobster vs your warm water rock lobster

I had one of the best bass fishing days of my life yesterday. I was in the CT river fishing creeks for Pike and saw bass working in the slop. So i tied on a topwater swim frog and caught 2-4 lb bass all day through the scum with huge explosions. I went through 2 packs of frogs and boated over 40 fish. What a day!
No pics, it didn't happen.

I'm planning to go out this evening, going to let it cool off a bit first.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
No pics, it didn't happen.

I'm planning to go out this evening, going to let it cool off a bit first.
My God man. If i took pics of every fish i caught i would be swimming through them at the house. I only take pics of the best ones. Bass have to be over 4 lbs and pike over 15 lbs. Those are my new rules hahahah.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from Canada last night, and fishing was good. We caught lots of walleye in the 16-18 inch range and a few over 20''. Bass were very difficult to find, they were scattered throughout the shorelines and we didn't catch many but the largest was 16". Pike and musky were hard to find at the start of the week but were able to find a pattern. We ended up landing over 10 pike with the largest being 34". We landed only 3 musky that were 29" 35" and 36", I also had about 3 or 4 fish +40" follow my lure to the boat on the last day but was unable to hook any. My dad also had two +40" fish strike his lure but neither got hooked. The lure I had most success on was a musky duckling which is what I had all my follows on and it caught me a 29" musky and a 32" pike. The dock hand at the lodge asked me if the lure was a joke and I simply told him no and that I had had a few follows on it and caught 2 fish on it. Overall it was a good trip, and I will post some pictures later.

P.S. Glad to see you guys have been able to get out.
stihl HH blower
Homelite BB blower
5X8 trailer
Toyota Tundra
Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor8 View Post
I just got back from Canada last night, and fishing was good. We caught lots of walleye in the 16-18 inch range and a few over 20''. Bass were very difficult to find, they were scattered throughout the shorelines and we didn't catch many but the largest was 16". Pike and musky were hard to find at the start of the week but were able to find a pattern. We ended up landing over 10 pike with the largest being 34". We landed only 3 musky that were 29" 35" and 36", I also had about 3 or 4 fish +40" follow my lure to the boat on the last day but was unable to hook any. My dad also had two +40" fish strike his lure but neither got hooked. The lure I had most success on was a musky duckling which is what I had all my follows on and it caught me a 29" musky and a 32" pike. The dock hand at the lodge asked me if the lure was a joke and I simply told him no and that I had had a few follows on it and caught 2 fish on it. Overall it was a good trip, and I will post some pictures later.

P.S. Glad to see you guys have been able to get out.
My dad just got back from a Canada fishing trip. They did really good. Lots of Walleye, good small mouth bass and too many Northern. No Musky though.

My kids bought him some baits for father's day. My 3 yr old daughter loves pink so dad got a pink bait. Apperently, Northern Pike love pink also. Put that bait on and you would catch one. The bass hit it too. My son bought him a large Thunder Stick. It also did well with the bass and surprising the walleye.

Here are some pics of his fish and friends....
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

man some big fish looks awesome im goin fishing next month in mexico holpefully get some pics