The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Surprizenly I just plowed for 3 of them and they payed ok
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Did you cst a spell on them or hold a gun to them? LOL. I should not be talking about people like that I do get paid, eventually
Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect touch landscapes View Post
got to love the pattels!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Too funny.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay albers View Post
Ilive in a small town and i keep hitting the same houses over and over. Trust me if they think about having something done they'll think of me.

I put a small flyer in a zip lock bag with some rock salt in it and through them right at the mail box.Works like a charm and i get them out quick!
Maybe no one is calling because you keep throwing stuff at their mailbox.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I had done the rock and bag thing but I used tulip bulbs nd I had done about 20 houses or so and a guy came flying up in his truck and said that I had thrown that trash on his lawn and was cussing me out and he got very heated. I tried to explain what I was trying to do and he was not hearing it. So I decided to call it quits and I went back and picked all of them up. Some people might not care but from my experience most people get a little offended. At least that is what has happened to me.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

truthfully i have marketing, from a consumer standpoint. like the whole rock in a bag trick i do find offensive for sure. we are doing some but not just blanketing all as it is a big waste

we want to be the correctly timed and least offensive comapny we can and hope to get some good customers this way. we are doing a sort of small market push this year of about 3000-6000 flyer/mailer and door hanger gig. very targeted and personally done. i think that has a good ring to it, but that is me
Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of maybe dumping thousands of fliers from a hot air balloon over a few lucky neighborhoods.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
Did you cst a spell on them or hold a gun to them? LOL. I should not be talking about people like that I do get paid, eventually
I have learned if you get one of them as a regular and keep the relationship going with him if you ask he will reffer you to all the same guys you bid dozens of times, I give him deals here. And there and eventually it pays off. The only problem with pattell customers there are not giving quality much credit, they only do things last minute if they have too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I will try to have 2500 out a week until I am too busy. I am going to find 15,000 homes and just keep delivering to them every six weeks. That way I will hit them 5 times in a season and my route will be somewhat tight. Once August hits it will be the same thing but I will be advertising for Aeration. Thats my goal any way but I will proably only get out 15k for the whole year. LOL
Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't put it in my yard.

Speaking as a LCO and a homeowner who lives in a subdivision that gets a constant barrage of these ads I absolutely hate it when people dump flyers in bags on my driveway or yard. As far as I am concerned you are dumping your trash in my yard and if I see you I will be glad to tell you that if it happens again I will file a police complaint. On the other hand if someone goes to the trouble of putting a professional flyer or door hanger on my front door I have no problem with that. They don't blow into my yard or create a soggy mess when its raining on the day you pass them out. I will almost always at least read the ones on my door. On the other hand I will ALWAYS throw the driveway littering flyers in the trash immediately. IMO this is a 100% accurate way to tell if a company is run by considerate professionals or by scrubs. Professionals use door hangers or the mail, scrubs trash up your yard or driveway.

I apologize in advance for offending you guys out there who do the bag thing and you might even get some customers out of it but I would bet you pi** off a lot of people too.