Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Bob-Cat (and other) walk behind mowers

Need your help.

I have a Kubota diesel 54" deck, which is great for the 'larger' areas I mow. However, I do have some small areas to cut/trim, and some small front yards on cul-de-sacs. I have been using a push mower for these areas, but am ready to get a small walk behind which I feel will really help, though I will still need to use my push mower in some areas.

I have a chance to buy a new (but 2-3 year old) bob-cat, 36" cut, belt driven for $2,200, full warranty. I have no experience with this company. Looking for someone with experience or knowledge with this equipment...good, bad, neutral? Also getting pricing for Gravely, same size deck, gear driven and hydro transmission.

Would appreciate comments about any walk behind mower that you feel might work out for light use.

I own two Toro mowers (one about 3 years old, the other just less than one year) and both are crap. The dealer I purchased from was no help and showed no interest in my problems, and neither did Toro customer service. Now that I am in business i will not spend another penny on Toro equipment due to mechanical problems and very poor dealer and customer care. That is why I spent so much on a mower other than Toro.

So, when suggesting mowers, please don't even mention Toro. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated!

Also, if someone would shed a little light on the differences between belt, gear and hydro transmission I would appreciate it.

Thanks much!
The Grasshopper
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

SCAG you will not be disappointed. also i havent heard anything good or bad about either

Tags
bob-cat , equipment , walk behind mower