Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Lawnut101 Lawnut101 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Bend WI
Posts: 2,200
WTB Toro Grandstand

Hey guys,

I am thinking about buying a Toro Grandstand. I would prefer a 52", but would think about a 48". Let me know what you got. Figured I would see if there are any nice used ones out there before I buy a new one in spring. I would like a unit with not a ton of hours on it and in great shape.

Thanks,

Brant
__________________
2011 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2007 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 4x4
2007 GMC 3500HD Dump
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 SD XLT 7.3PSD
6X16' Tandem axle trailer
5X8 BIG MAX trailer
Exmark Vantage 24/52
Bobcat Predator Pro 61" 26LC
Simplicity Legacy 60" Vanguard Diesel
Redmax EB7001, 7150, 7500
Stihl BG55, SH85
Echo SRM-210, SRM-225 (3), Dolmar 22C
(2) Echo PAS-265
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM
brucec32's Avatar
brucec32 brucec32 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,405
You might want to watch Ebay. Dealers have had leftover new units there for quite a while. Haven't checked recently, though. I saw a 23/48" for $6999. Not sure how that compares.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Lawnut101 Lawnut101 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Bend WI
Posts: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
You might want to watch Ebay. Dealers have had leftover new units there for quite a while. Haven't checked recently, though. I saw a 23/48" for $6999. Not sure how that compares.
Hey, thanks for the help. I have been looking on there. There are some decent deals for sure. Unfortunately I missed a 52"/23 that sold on here for around $5k with only 73 hours! That was a steal. I am hoping for something half as good as that. I figure if I can find a good deal on one, then I can buy it and replace my old walk behind and not be out to much.
__________________
2011 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2007 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 4x4
2007 GMC 3500HD Dump
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 SD XLT 7.3PSD
6X16' Tandem axle trailer
5X8 BIG MAX trailer
Exmark Vantage 24/52
Bobcat Predator Pro 61" 26LC
Simplicity Legacy 60" Vanguard Diesel
Redmax EB7001, 7150, 7500
Stihl BG55, SH85
Echo SRM-210, SRM-225 (3), Dolmar 22C
(2) Echo PAS-265
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
scagrider22 scagrider22 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnut101 View Post
Hey, thanks for the help. I have been looking on there. There are some decent deals for sure. Unfortunately I missed a 52"/23 that sold on here for around $5k with only 73 hours! That was a steal. I am hoping for something half as good as that. I figure if I can find a good deal on one, then I can buy it and replace my old walk behind and not be out to much.
Hey Im the one who sold the 52/23, I ended up getting $5600 for it on Ebay but anyway make sure if you get one from 2009 it has all the updates or you will be taking it back to your dealer all the time for stupid little stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Bob_n_weave's Avatar
Bob_n_weave Bob_n_weave is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgerk82 View Post
Hey Im the one who sold the 52/23, I ended up getting $5600 for it on Ebay but anyway make sure if you get one from 2009 it has all the updates or you will be taking it back to your dealer all the time for stupid little stuff.
I have not had 1 problem with my 2009 Grandstand. But good advise.
__________________
2009 Toro 48" 19 HP Grandstand
2010 Toro 36" 18 HP WB, T-2 T-bar
Toro 22" Recycler
Doolittle 7x12 Trailor
Redmax EBZ 8001
Stihl FS90 R Trimmer
Stihl FS100 RX Trimmer
Stihl SH 86 Vac
Kawasaki KHT600D Hedge Trimmer
Magna Matic 9000 Blade Shapener
Magna Matic 1000 Blade Balancer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-09-2010, 10:28 AM
lilweeds lilweeds is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Blandon, Pa
Posts: 596
I have an 09, just got done with all the new updates, clean with two sets of blades. I will sell for $5300 if someone comes and gets it in the next two weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 AM
scagrider22 scagrider22 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilweeds View Post
I have an 09, just got done with all the new updates, clean with two sets of blades. I will sell for $5300 if someone comes and gets it in the next two weeks.
Put it on Ebay mine sold in 12 hours!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
TXNSLighting's Avatar
TXNSLighting TXNSLighting is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 6,460
Why cant anyone around here sell grandstands???!!!
__________________
Ryan

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-09-2010, 01:09 PM
scagrider22 scagrider22 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
Why cant anyone around here sell grandstands???!!!
Not sure, you would think they would sell fast because there are not many used ones out there yet.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
scagrider22 scagrider22 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,171
There is a demo model on Ebay with around 50 hours, I think it was $6300
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.12038 seconds with 9 queries