Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
The prices are a little high for them that blue one is 2000 too much. The blue and white one has 352,000kms for us Canadians.

The red one has a goosneck ball usually means its been well used plus the fact its a 2wd.
Blue one??? Well it doesnt snow down here so we rarely need 4x4. especially for a 100% work truck.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

You guys don't have problems with when it rains the tires want to spin. Lots of times you have to click it into 4 wheeldrive.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
Blue one??? Well it doesnt snow down here so we rarely need 4x4. especially for a 100% work truck.
If you dont' need 4wd, don't get it. You'll save yourself a lot of dough in the long run in fuel economy and more importantly - maintenance. I used to know a guy who was posted down in Pensacola for two years. his current 2wd truck made it there 2800 miles) then died a couple weeks later so he bought a NEW 4x4 just so he'd get better resale - LOL. Needless to say it's been some time since we've talked.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You guys don't have problems with when it rains the tires want to spin. Lots of times you have to click it into 4 wheeldrive.
I've never had problems in the rain with any 2wd I've owned. Then again, the most powerful I've owned was a '90 C1500 GMC with the 5.0L 175hp V8. It held its own in traffic and even with near bald tires in the rain it didn't spin (open diff as well!). Mind you, I don't power out of the hole, or drive aggressively. I bought my Durango to better handle the winter (FT AWD). It was annoying when I drove up to northern Ontario where it would be +3 and a few hours later it'll be -10 with snow covered roads. It's better piece of mind, even more so for the wife. If I lived down south where there was no snow, I'd gladly get a 2wd work truck perhaps even in V6 form if the price was right.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Was that a question?? No we dont have that problem here..Like i said for work trucks no one has 4x4's around here. The only ones that do get 4x4's are the oil companys, hauling companys, and ranchers. Or if its just a great deal on a 4x4. Most people just buy them to be able to go muddin every now and then. Or the one day a year it snows here, ha! Also for looks. We like to put our trucks in the air!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 AM
LawnSite Member

I have always had dually trucks but when I worked for one of the contractors he had a 95 F250 SC 4x4 PSD automatic the truck would break traction if the road was slightly wet. We have hills here and if you were trying to pull up a hill the tire would spin.

The truck would even get stuck in a gravel driveway that had a slope to it. Say you were nose first and backed up the tires just spin. These PSDs are nose heavy so traction is very little on the back end.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

you guys know what I just figured out if you ever need to replace an engine or trans in your diesel truck, get one out of a van. I see powerstroke vans down here that go for 4-5k all day long 7.3's and 6.0's with less than 100k on them.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They're both nice trucks, it just comes down to whether you want a 2wd or 4wd. The 8 ft. bed on the blue and white one would be hard to pass up, I know I'd have a hard time getting along with a 6 ft'er.
Stihl BR600
Stihl FS90R
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH401 View Post
They're both nice trucks, it just comes down to whether you want a 2wd or 4wd. The 8 ft. bed on the blue and white one would be hard to pass up, I know I'd have a hard time getting along with a 6 ft'er.
Exactly. I dont think id mind the short bed since we dont really use the bed that much, but there have been times i love the 8ft. but condition wise, the Maroon one looks to be in better condition. That 350 is Super nice looking tho..