Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masternate42 View Post
What's the story for that ranger? I see dual exhaust....302? If so, that would be a fun little truck!
I just sold the Ranger, specs:

350 Chev
700R4 trans
Ford 9" rear 31 spline w. disc brakes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
Very nice. Put an equalizer in between the axles and they'll ride a lot better. The front wheels won't come off the ground if hitched up to a taller truck.
It does have equalizers
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger350 View Post
I just sold the Ranger, specs:

350 Chev
700R4 trans
Ford 9" rear 31 spline w. disc brakes

I guess I could possibly have figured that out with your name! haha I like how you kept it looking "normal" too.

Anyways, back to trailer talk.....

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 01-06-2010, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Want/need another f620 pretty cheap? My uncle is selling a 60" with only 250 hours if you're interested. The ranger is nice!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-06-2010, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

How much do you think you could sell that trailer for? Considering you have $5K in it for materials, That trailer is probably the best quality Ive ever seen in a trailer, and the amount of cross member supports, I bet you could put a damn tank on that thing and it wouldnt even bend!! I am a pretty good fabricator myself, but your welds look like a stack of nickles!!! Best Ive seen in awhile!!! Also, just curious how much welding wire did it take to complete that trailer? Very nice work!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
How much do you think you could sell that trailer for? Considering you have $5K in it for materials, That trailer is probably the best quality Ive ever seen in a trailer, and the amount of cross member supports, I bet you could put a damn tank on that thing and it wouldnt even bend!! I am a pretty good fabricator myself, but your welds look like a stack of nickles!!! Best Ive seen in awhile!!! Also, just curious how much welding wire did it take to complete that trailer? Very nice work!
I crunched the numbers and its around $4500 it cost me. I was looking around and you can find similar trailers for not alot more then that, I dont know how. However most of them are built with C-channel not rectangle tubing. Not sure on how much welding wire, the bulk of the welding I was feeding off of a 1000 lb spool. I would think a good 60-80 lbs of wire.

Here some pix from today, was unloading a bunch of stuff and noticed the forklift would go up my ramps without snagging...also took down a skid with a good 2500 lbs on it.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

That shop you have is great. Is that a metal type building? I wish I had a shop like that to work in. Curious what size the shop is. I really liked the trailers rear gates, never see any around here made of square tubing, most are built of angle, and flimsy as hell too, but I bet they are very heavy to left up and down, have you thought about adding a gate assist, they are so easy to build, it is senseless to buy one.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
That shop you have is great. Is that a metal type building? I wish I had a shop like that to work in. Curious what size the shop is. I really liked the trailers rear gates, never see any around here made of square tubing, most are built of angle, and flimsy as hell too, but I bet they are very heavy to left up and down, have you thought about adding a gate assist, they are so easy to build, it is senseless to buy one.
Its a prefab building but its my buddies mfg shop I use whenever. The one in the first pix is 4000 sq feet, and in the last two pix is 19000.

Yea I noticed the same thing with rear gates. Thats the benefit of tubing...light and strong. They are not heavy to lift and quite strong no need for a gate assist. =They hardly even flexed with the forklift going up.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What an awsome trailer, your great-great grandchildren should get good use out of that one, just curious why you didn't make it a gooseneck? I wish i had the ability to do that, you really have a talent with that!
'14 Grasshopper 325D 61"
'09 GRASSHOPPER 329B 61"
'04/'09 Grasshopper 928D 72"
'11 Exmark 21 S-Series
Stihl & Echo Handhelds
Old 01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Great job. You are a talented metalsmith for sure.