Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Moving into the new office this week! Did I finally accomplish something!?

So I just thought I'd touch base with everyone. Its been years of running my office out of my house and having my shop elsewhere and I am now in the final stages of building my new office at my shop. I should be able to move in by the end of the week or next week at latest. I've been running everything from my home computer since 1995 when I started at 15 years old and printing up invoices in Microsoft Word (which I kept a few copies for nostalgia sake). I didnt go full time with the business until four years ago in 2005 and have been running all the office duties from my home computer. It gets frustrating having to go to my shop in the morning, get the crews going, then go back to my house to take care of office duties. And to make business calls from my bedroom just doesnt feel professional. But I have been through alot of struggles and you cant start at the top right? Well I just wanted to share my excitement that I will finally be "going to the office" every morning now instead of just rolling out of bed and being there. Sure it will have some downsides but just the convenience of having my office and shop in the same place gives me a feeling of accomplishment and professionalism that I've been working so hard for. this post may sound sappy but its a milestone achievement.

Anyone else ever get to this point or something similar and finally feel like you accomplished something?

~Joe~
Old 01-04-2010, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Congrats man! I'm still working from my bedroom and probably will be for at least a few more years but i'm sure i will feel the same excitement you are