Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
So why dont you try some other kind of iron . I use iron and dont have a problem with clogging. Even in a back pack sprayer or low volume. if some thing didnt work i change
Charles Cue

I've tried a few iron products.. the only one that get ANY results is the liquid iron like ferromec.. has to have an extremely high concentration.. I was apply at about 8 ounces per 1000 early on, and 6 oz per 1k was standard.. Sure made fir purdy lawns though..
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Lesco Chelated Iron + 12-0-0 works very well and have had excellent results spraying from PG Ultra and Z. Nice and clean, easy flowing as long as it is fresh. No gummed up tips or pumps. Leave the jug of concentrate in the back of the truck a few days in the sun and its not so good and you may have problems in a low volume situation. I think they recommend 3-6 oz/k.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe ferromec is chelated iron.. 15-0-0 6% iron.. I've also used mor-green.. which was almost the same..

At 6 oz per 1k they totally DESTROYed both the T3K and my Z's spray system.. but when you're applying at 1/4 gal per 1 k, and 6 oz per k.. my tank had over 3 gallons of iron, another half gallon or so of weed killer, a surfactant, and about 12 gallons of water.. The result after about 2 days of this was a solid yellow 'blob' at the bottom of the tank, in all the hoses, and clogging the filters.

I won't even risk that again.. Injection is the only way.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

yup, another reason why i go 1/2 gal tips. i run a very thick organic fert with iron and have no issues at all.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizine View Post
Can someone tell me the difference between the permagreen boomless tip and the t3000 boomless tip. I had a permagreen and hated the boomless tip, just to much drift. Is the tip the t3000 uses that much better? If so what tip does it use?
The T3000 uses a Hypro Hi-Flow nozzle. It is an AI nozzle with a 140 degree pattern. This is a little wider than the flood nozzle the Permagreen uses. There is a lot less drift with the Hi-Flow. It is the most used nozzle on my Zs. I hardly ever use the boom except for trim. I think I tried the Hi-Flow nozzle on my Permagreen. It did not work, not enough pump capacity. I was using the White nozzle, 140-08.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info Grandview. I will buy one and try it out.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizine View Post
Thanks for the info Grandview. I will buy one and try it out.
The White one (140-08) is the smallest size available.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Go to the Hypro website for more info.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
yup, another reason why i go 1/2 gal tips. i run a very thick organic fert with iron and have no issues at all.
Mine are the 1/3 tips. I have had no issues using the products I use. I really only use Iron to counteract the yellowing of MSMA though. I don't use liquid iron for the sole purpose of keeping my lawns green generally. I have used it in lighter doses to get a few late lawns over that 2-3 wk "hump" right before first frost however. Like I said, the Lesco product is very clean(like pouring water). Unless you let the concentrate bake in the sun 4-5 days. I have noticed their chelated micro mix will leave an oily residue when mixed with other standard use products in the past.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Sponsor

We try not to get involved in some of these arguments on Lawnsite. But regarding the tip, we feel we should respond.

We will offer the Hypro wide angle tip as an option, but by no means do we think it is as effective as the current AI tips we currently use. In fact we just added the AI tips to our JR 36. As you can see by Bob's picks the single tip spray pattern seems to disperse wildly. particularly forward, where you can see the AI tips on the boom seem more controlled and we believe more precise. Also the pictures look to have benn taken inside where the wind would not be a factor.

Boomless nozzles have been around for years. The tip in discussion has been offered by Hypro since 2004. The single tip can be effective in certain applications, but we do not feel it is the best primary spray system. LT Rich prides itself on offering its customers the most choices, and this tip is just another. A great analogy would be pick up trucks. What if Chevy, Ford and Dodge just offered one size of truck?
Attached Images