Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehansen@competitivelawn.c View Post
All,

All this future stuff is interesting.

All I know is that my commercial crew drove to their jobs today on propane. They blew leaves into a pile with a propane backpack blower. They ran them over with a propane wright stander to grind them up, put them in the back of the truck to complete the job.

If you can give me a single fuel source that can do that other than propane for next week, I will consider that. A bio diesel trimmer???

Best Regards,

Eric Hansen,
www.greenpropanepower.com
Eric,

What kind of propane backpack blowers do you have and where can I find them? I own a small lawn care company in Virginia and have three propane lawn mowers, trimmers and handheld blowers from Lehr but I have been looking for a propane backpack leaf blower for some time. Thanks in advance for the info.

Rob
Old 02-08-2011, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Rob,

How do you find using the Lehr mowers? I was considering purchasing one or two but don't know too much about them. Thank you for any input.

Sean
Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I haven't yet seen a backpack propane blower directly from a manufacturer although I expect they will have them soon. Currently the Lehr handheld model is the only propane blower known from the factory. We can convert most 4 cycle backpack blowers with our least expensive conversion kit but at $335 for the conversion I would prefer the manufacturers just stepped up and offered one.
Let us show you how going green can save you money. Nationally we offer commercial fuel conversion kits as well as installation services to Indiana companies. If you are local we can set you up with a propane tank exchange program. Still uncertain? Feel free to check out the resources page on our website or contact us with any questions.

It's not only the best color for the lawn!
www.AlternativeFuelLawnCare.com
Old 02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does it count to use a diesel mower powered by used vegetable oil?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a larger customer that converted their mower fleet to propane late last year and are planning on converting all their handhelds this year. I do believe their trucks are on the list to get converted as time goes on as well. They said everything that has been stated here in this thread, engines run quieter, cleaner, less oil changes, less maintenance. The propane company here did the convertions for them.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a SCAG v ride stander 52. Considering converting to propane. Any one have any advise or can see any problems i.might run into converting a stander into.propane. such as weight of tank on one side. Would i need to add weight on opposite side to offset? Got a eco.friendly.property that will only.use cleaner burning equipment. Plus propane conversion is free. Thanks for any.input.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2011, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeFuelLawnCare View Post
I haven't yet seen a backpack propane blower directly from a manufacturer although I expect they will have them soon. Currently the Lehr handheld model is the only propane blower known from the factory. We can convert most 4 cycle backpack blowers with our least expensive conversion kit but at $335 for the conversion I would prefer the manufacturers just stepped up and offered one.
4 stroke backpack blower? What brand is it?

Are there kits to switch diesels to propane? Or is that only viable with natural gas? Or is that just a stupid question?

I'll be giving you guys a call.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

4 stroke Backpack blowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
4 stroke backpack blower? What brand is it?

Are there kits to switch diesels to propane? Or is that only viable with natural gas? Or is that just a stupid question?

I'll be giving you guys a call.
Makita makes a nice 4 stroke backpack blower and there are a few others we've seen.

I have yet to see any full diesel conversion although there are quite a few propane injections added onto diesels to increase horsepower. I doubt any fuel savings would offset the injection however it does add power with a more complete burn of the diesel.

In very few instances do we recommend natural gas conversions with mowers due to the high pressure tanks being so much heavier and the lack of easy refill through tank exchange.

Looking forward to your call, we are always willing to share information.
Let us show you how going green can save you money. Nationally we offer commercial fuel conversion kits as well as installation services to Indiana companies. If you are local we can set you up with a propane tank exchange program. Still uncertain? Feel free to check out the resources page on our website or contact us with any questions.

It's not only the best color for the lawn!
www.AlternativeFuelLawnCare.com
Old 03-21-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Common algae from ponds and waste-water treatment plants has been found to produce vast amounts of burnable oil, say researchers at the University of Minnesota, algae produces an astounding 5,000 gallons of oil per acre. Corn, by comparison, produces a measly 18 gallons
Old 03-22-2011, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Common algae from ponds and waste-water treatment plants has been found to produce vast amounts of burnable oil, say researchers at the University of Minnesota, algae produces an astounding 5,000 gallons of oil per acre. Corn, by comparison, produces a measly 18 gallons
in some photo bio reactors it has been as high as 30,000 gallons per acre