Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My only compaint running both a dixie chopper and a bad boy propane set-up was the tanks were on both sides, and on both being 60" units, I still couldn't see the trim side of the deck. I couldn't tell if I was getting close to stuff. I have been mowing long enough to get close without looking, but I like the option every once in a while......

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
Common algae from ponds and waste-water treatment plants has been found to produce vast amounts of burnable oil, say researchers at the University of Minnesota, algae produces an astounding 5,000 gallons of oil per acre. Corn, by comparison, produces a measly 18 gallons
Can't be, we are running out of our finite supply of oil.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Interesting post.

We run all 21's and aerators on propane. The conversions were inexpensive and we refill smaller tanks from our 100lb cylinders with wet line conversions. It's really not a problem at all. We are located at 7000 ft and see a small loss of hp but not enough to NOT justify the fuel savings and cleaner burn. Propane is American Made and generally comes from my part of the country, SW CO. I will agree with the folk that argue that it is not a solution to the problem, it is a mere step in the correct direction.

This will be the first year we run our MDGGHS Walker on propane. We look forward to seeing the results.

Also we have a MDDGHS Walker that we run on waste oil. The oil we use in all of our equipment in Made in America. It is made out of plant and animal fats. We've used it for years with NO issues. We take that oil after an oil change and run it through a filtration process and burn it off in the Walker. It's a full process with no waste.

Green Earth Technologies (G Oil)
AltFuel Propane Conversions