Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We just had the new Scag V-Ride 36" and 52" at the shop. And found a few things we think need changed. We'll see how they do when the final production units get here. One thing to concider about them is that the V-Ride 52" will cost about $3K less than a similar Scag ZTR.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello, I am from the DC area too. I know all the big companies like Brickman have contacts with exmark. For ztr’s I have a scag wildcat and a couple toro's and exmarks (they are basically the same with different decks). My wildcat leaves a better cut but the toros and exmarks are faster. Standers are nice because they do not take up a lot room on the trailer, but since they are smaller it makes it more difficult to work on them. The hydro pumps are harder to get to, but saying this I am still looking into one because i can only fit two ztrs and one walk behind on my 18 foot trailer. So a 60 inch stander would be nice. Wright mowers are also based in of Maryland.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness0827 View Post
Hello, I am from the DC area too. I know all the big companies like Brickman have contacts with exmark. For ztrís I have a scag wildcat and a couple toro's and exmarks (they are basically the same with different decks). My wildcat leaves a better cut but the toros and exmarks are faster. Standers are nice because they do not take up a lot room on the trailer, but since they are smaller it makes it more difficult to work on them. The hydro pumps are harder to get to, but saying this I am still looking into one because i can only fit two ztrs and one walk behind on my 18 foot trailer. So a 60 inch stander would be nice. Wright mowers are also based in of Maryland.
Changing hydro belt and replacing the hydro idler was very bad. Next time I am taking it to the dealer to put up on a fork lift. Replacing those pivot on the RH stander is going to be a *****. Ours has slop at 2000hrs point.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Gravelynut what changes would you make on the V-ride?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Thought Missouri was Hustler country, Kansas too, at least it was in the North East part I am originally from.
Ehhh, I'm on the KS side of KC, so I don't know about MO.lol I don't see to many hustlers here. There are just a ton of standers.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a wright and the thing runs like a beast.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins343 View Post
Ehhh, I'm on the KS side of KC, so I don't know about MO.lol I don't see to many hustlers here. There are just a ton of standers.
I am also in Northeastern Kansas and see a ton of Standers out there. I have 5 of them and have been satisfied. We had a few Sentars a while back and my best description of them is a "BOAT ANCHOR"!
The new Standers are more comfortable to use. I feel they are still overpriced, but they are very productive.

My 2 cents.....

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Thought Missouri was Hustler country, Kansas too, at least it was in the North East part I am originally from.
I live in St. Louis and I dont think I have seen a hustler around here at all we have exmark, scag, ferris and toro thats all I ever see.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I thought very seriously of going with a stander. I tried both a grandstand, and wright zk. I found the grandstand poorly balanced. The zk was balanced perfectly, and handled like a dream; so quick and responsive. I really wanted to like the zk, but the cut was not up to par with toro, scag or exmark, and it bucked over rough ground like a rank bull. After agonizing long and hard over whether I could settle for the cut and ride compromises, I decided I couldn't, and I let the seasonal discount pass by. I'll be purchasing a Toro G3 this spring.

YourSkiCoach.com
Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade cutter View Post
I'm on the fence.........well, a little fence......about getting a used one to try out. I just feel that if I've got a 48" wb and a 52-60" zero turn, I'm pretty darn well covered.
I absolutely agree !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB