Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Sponsor

Total Brush Devastation By Peco

For clearing brush and trees up to 4 inches, there is nothing like the PECO Brush Blazer. Contact us to buy one or contact your local rental store. See the video at:

www.brushblazer.com
Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice, looks expensive though. Hard to justify a lot of money on a machine that only does one thing.. unlike buying an attachment for a skid steer or tractor. But for guys who only do brush work I bet it's awesome.

"Democracy is not a choice between good and bad, but between bad and worse."
Old 01-07-2010, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Only 26HP and will chew up a 4" tree. I think that must be pretty soft wood. I ran a 140HP Fecon mulcher for 18 months. I can not imagine doing any real serious clearing with less than 100HP.
This thing might work well for blackberry vines and small brush, but give me a break, 4", really?
Also, very unsafe to be walking along behind a machine that is dropping tall trees. Looks like a liability lawsuit waiting to happen.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Sponsor

The Brush Blazer retails for $13200. It is a machine meant for one purpose much like $10000 lawnmowers are meant to only cut grass. In the future our plan is to offer attachments that will mount where the deck is located.

We specify that the Brush Blazer will mow down brush and trees up to 4" because it does just that. It will knock down most 4" trees but will not "chip" up a tree like a chipper or tubgrinder. It is equipped with a winch, so you can knock it down and winch it to a safe spot to use a saw. If you are in a rough patch of brush that hasn't been touched in quite a while, chances are there are many smaller trees that have started to come up. The Brush Blazer will take care of them. This machine meets a need between the smaller brush cutters on the market and the large $40,000 units.

Give us a call and we'll be happy to schedule a demo with you. The only way to know for sure is to see for yourself!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Old thread but these things look very nice. Are they still around 13,000? Anyone used one yet???
Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Sponsor

The current retail price is $13200. Give us a call and we can set up a demo so you can see what it can do!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do a fair amount of brushclearing jobs. I do agree that this machine does fill a niche between the larger machines and the smaller wb brushmowers offered by DR, billygoat, snapper, ect... Although my DR has its shortcomings it does a decent job for its intended purpose. The primary reason I bought the DR was because of the grader blade attachment which I use for snow plowing. I have also moved gravel and loose dirt with it. To spend $3000 on a unit that only did brushmowing and therefore sit in my shed most of the year was not an option. If at sometime this unit will accept any attachments please keep us updated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Sponsor

Another option is to rent the Brush Blazer. Many rental stores across the country offer them for rent for $250-$300 per day. The Brush Blazer will clear 6 acres a day. If your favorite rental store doesn't have one, ask for it!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the rental yards around here offer the billy goat. The local home depot rents out the billy goat also.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Sponsor

Billy Goat is the predominant brush cutter at the rental stores, but the Brush Blazer will out perform any other walk behind brush cutter on the market. Ask your rental store to stock the Brush Blazer.

Here are a few videos we shot to show what it can do!

http://youtu.be/2wI4A8idIho

http://youtu.be/G8NKPMm0QDM

http://youtu.be/fdaSirzTpcI