Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_n_weave View Post
It's 20 days later my dealer still has no 2010 literature.
Bob_n_Weave -

Since we don't know who your dealer it's tough to say why they don't have the new catalog in stock, but it is available (part # 490-8070). Perhaps the dealer just hasn't gotten around to ordering the new literature since it just recently became available. Please email us your mailing address and we'll drop you a copy in the mail.

-The Toro Company
Old 02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. You've been very helpful in my research . I spoke with my dealer and will be ordering very soon.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman View Post
Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. You've been very helpful in my research . I spoke with my dealer and will be ordering very soon.
Mysteryman -

Glad we could be of help. The GrandStand is a terrific mower. We are confident you will be happy with your purchase.

-The Toro Company
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
Bruce32,

You indicated anything with more than a couple of inches of overhang creates issues. I think it might be worth at least seeing and perhaps demoing the 40" and 36" GrandStand before eliminating them from consideration. We won't debate with you the difficulties of mowing at 1.0" - 1.5" HOC, it's a challenge.

-The Toro Company
Hehe, I guess not having any 40" GS's available to demo kind of makes that a moot point right now.

But I'm sure I don't have to remind Toro of the basic physics of how movement from a fulcrum is magnified the further away you get from that fulcrum. So a wheel dropping into a 1" hole or low spot becomes a bigger deck movement 6" over to the side where the blade edge is. And when mowing a grass type that is essentially twigs up to about 1" at low heights, you simply don't have that much to play with.

I'm hopeful that they do cut well. But with approximately ZERO reports from my area here on lawnsite from the 48/52", showing them cutting nice Bermuda lots, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilweeds View Post
Well let's put it this way on the 48" deck you can set the rear wheels to the outter setting which in turn will eliminate the trim edge. So no his concerns aren't justified with every mower. IMO the 52 doesn't really have enough of a trim edge, but it works for me because up here I general cut from 3-4 inches.

The 60 has anti scalp wheels and the Exmark has them as an option if you feel you need them.
Feb 14, 2012 - Lilweeds---What is involved with 'widening' the track of the rear 'axle' of the 48" 74548 model? From what I can see all I have to do (after practicing safety securing the machine) is remove the 'top' and 'rear' nuts and bolts of the three piece 'axle', then the two 'corner' nuts and bolts where the main frame (front-to-rear) beams fasten to the wheel motor housings, then re-install the rear 'axle' using the appropriate matching 'wider holes'. I assume that the hydraulic hoses will accomodate this change...did I miss anything? Have you done this successfully? Do the edges of the mower deck become in-line with the outer walls of the tires (I am not able to measure mine right now)...any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.