Register free!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
OK - this maybe a little harder than I have thought - Started looking for Whole Corn Meal at the farm stores here and am not able to find! Tried doing a search for Chicken Litter Compost or any compost here and have not had any luck finding. This is going to be a little bit more complicated than I thought.
You are now in the learning curve, its not harder you are adjusting to a new idea

I am terrible with change, I have to drill down to the nth degree in order to be comfortable, just the way I am
Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Nutrient PLUS Nature Pure 4-4-2 http://www.nutrientsplus.com/npcus1/pdf/NaturePure.pdf. Litter free, properly composted without driers, non-Pasteurized, biologically active. Apply at 10lbs/k.

That did not answer my question. Will Dehydrated chicken manure suppress fungal diseases. I don't have fungal diseases I was just curious.
If you can get me that @ $375 a ton/ pallet delivered within 15 miles of here you can have my business.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
Michael,
We will be exhibiting at the STMA (Sports Turf Managers Association) show in Orlando next week, you should come by and say hi

it is at the Disney’s Coronado Springs Jan 14 & 15
Might do that - PM me the address of the building and times. I should be working next week if it warms back up on Monday like it is suppose to, skipped this week just two damn cold down here and all the customers understood why I was not coming out. With the freezing rain today I have a feeling the properties are going to look a little rough next week. Neighbor has starfruit in their back yard and it looked like wilted lettuce this morning.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
You are now in the learning curve, its not harder you are adjusting to a new idea

I am terrible with change, I have to drill down to the nth degree in order to be comfortable, just the way I am
It is actually kind of exciting! Like learning everything all over again - I was talking to my grandfather today about it and just got excited talking about trying it.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

for corn meal try http://www.amberglenfeeddepot.com/ they are in Pinellas Park
I don't believe too much in looking back. If you've done well, you're too inclined to become smug. If you've done poorly, you're inclined to become discouraged. Keep looking ahead - yesterday's done with - think about today and tomorrow. - George S. May
Old 01-10-2010, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
It is actually kind of exciting! Like learning everything all over again - I was talking to my grandfather today about it and just got excited talking about trying it.
I know what you mean, I get all worked up when I am talking to anyone about it
Here is the STMA site with all of the details
http://www.stma.org/
Old 01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
OK - this maybe a little harder than I have thought - Started looking for Whole Corn Meal at the farm stores here and am not able to find! Tried doing a search for Chicken Litter Compost or any compost here and have not had any luck finding. This is going to be a little bit more complicated than I thought.
~ 35 mins from you

Orlando Live Poultry
2499 Regent Street
Orlando, FL 32804-4205
Phone: (407) 532-2260
Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

stay away from anything with fowl poo.
I don't believe too much in looking back. If you've done well, you're too inclined to become smug. If you've done poorly, you're inclined to become discouraged. Keep looking ahead - yesterday's done with - think about today and tomorrow. - George S. May
Old 01-10-2010, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
stay away from anything with fowl poo.
Why??????????
Old 01-11-2010, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If it is not processed correctly it can cause damage to your animals and human lungs with a fungus called Histoplasmosis. If not caught early it will cause death.