Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-09-2010, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Store Front

I want to open a store front for my business. Not really for the maintenance but for Holiday Lighting. Since it is seasonal I would like to sell/service some type of equipment. Sthil is taken. Echo is taken. I wanted to go with Shindawia but heard that are now merged with Echo. Any suggestions? Wanted to go with John Deere being there isnt one near. After some investigation, they require 2-5 million in equity for commercial dealers.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I would think another seasonal business would be pool supplys. Or you could put in other holiday decor for each season
Old 10-01-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFire221 View Post
I want to open a store front for my business. Not really for the maintenance but for Holiday Lighting. Since it is seasonal I would like to sell/service some type of equipment. Sthil is taken. Echo is taken. I wanted to go with Shindawia but heard that are now merged with Echo. Any suggestions? Wanted to go with John Deere being there isnt one near. After some investigation, they require 2-5 million in equity for commercial dealers.
A hole in the wall shop that just has a little stuff is hard to operate in a cost effective manner. Nowadays you really need to be a full service place with a full spread and deep pockets to be competitive.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
A hole in the wall shop that just has a little stuff is hard to operate in a cost effective manner. Nowadays you really need to be a full service place with a full spread and deep pockets to be competitive.
x2

It's the walmart way of life.