Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Granular spreader?

Hello everyone,
It has been a while since I have posted but I have a dilemna. Our shop burnt up about two month ago and we lost most of our equipment and vehicles and I am in the process of replacing what I can. I had a product called the sp(swissmex)duster spreader that was a backpack granular spreader that used a large diaphragm hand pump to blow granular product in a very controlled application once you had the hang of it. It was perfect for preemergent applications in bed areas. The company no longer makes it and the only alternative I can find is a gas powered option by either hudson or maruyama(stihl makes a kit for their blowers as well buy I hate stihl). My question is whether anyone knows of a product similar to mine that doesn't use an engine(one less thing to break). Or has anyone use the gas powered units to let me know if they work very well. I have used belly grinders and feel they are too awkward for most applications, as well as how much product ends up in my lungs. Any help is appreciated. I have done many searches here and on the net and can't find really what I am looking for.