Register free!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, turboguy.
I don't have any problem with the color as a seeding project and I have a compost spreader to really topdress but there is debate on the practicallity of Actively Aerated Compost tea and Liquid Compost Extract and I was pondering how much extract-like liquid could be achieved in the hydroseeder without getting to the point of "slurry". I wanted to just knock the microbes into suspension to spread them over a larger area and innoculate more turf with a given amount of compost.
I did one overseeding job with compost and it looked like the pig manure spreader wagon had sprayed the lawn. Not a good "look" in rural Illinois.;-)
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
If you need to make huge amounts quick then that is what you should be looking at, Tim who is on here makes a very cost effective brewer for a 55 gallon barrel, most folks do a 10 to 1 ratio so it would make enough to do over 500 gallon of tea. Geotea makes a 275 gallon brewer for less than $5000, both Tim's and geotea will extract the compost you use more but it has a shelf life of a couple weeks and i believe is a better product for turf
Question; has anyone tryed to spray brewed tea from TIMs brewer out of a Z SPRAY?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
Question; has anyone tryed to spray brewed tea from TIMs brewer out of a Z SPRAY?
Posted via Mobile Device
Ant,

I haven't tried it, but that's one of the things that intrigues me about the Z's and T's. They both have adjustable pumps so you can spray 4 gallons per minute (and I think the Z can do more). I like that you can add a dedicated tank on the Z (they probably can make whatever you want) and the T3000 has an attachment where you can add a tank and boom to spray as well. All you would need to do is change the screen size, strain the tea and you should be good to go.