Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2010, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't put it in my yard.

Speaking as a LCO and a homeowner who lives in a subdivision that gets a constant barrage of these ads I absolutely hate it when people dump flyers in bags on my driveway or yard. As far as I am concerned you are dumping your trash in my yard and if I see you I will be glad to tell you that if it happens again I will file a police complaint. On the other hand if someone goes to the trouble of putting a professional flyer or door hanger on my front door I have no problem with that. They don't blow into my yard or create a soggy mess when its raining on the day you pass them out. I will almost always at least read the ones on my door. On the other hand I will ALWAYS throw the driveway littering flyers in the trash immediately. IMO this is a 100% accurate way to tell if a company is run by considerate professionals or by scrubs. Professionals use door hangers or the mail, scrubs trash up your yard or driveway.

I apologize in advance for offending you guys out there who do the bag thing and you might even get some customers out of it but I would bet you pi** off a lot of people too.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colandscaper View Post
dont worry about johnny moron. He is exactly the kind of idiot I was talking about. When your in bus. that is what you do, try out new ideas or at least throw the idea out there and talk about it.

Hey Johnny the industry is looked down on because of classless people like you. I'm sorry that your unhappy with your bus. or life or whatever, but that doesnt give you the right to degrade somebody for having an idea. So thank you for being done with the thread I dont want to waste another second reading your bs.
I suppose you would charge an add on fee to clean up "flyer-in-a-bag" trash on your clients lawns too