Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 AM
LawnSite Member

all the right situations are always somewhere else.......good luck with your search!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gold Star, if you don't have a lot of baggage and could make the move to Johnny's area you would not regret it. That part of GA has been in the top 10 fastest growing counties for the last 10 years or so. The economic downturn has hit hard, but will be one of the quickest to recover when things pick up. The weather is great year round and you can pick up a house for 30% less than a year or two ago. Cost of living and property taxes are very low compared to many northern states. Everyone has big yards. Schools in that area are mostly top notch. I think with Johnny what you see is what you get, no bs, very refreshing these day's, I don't know the guy.

Johnny, I think you could benefit from someone in this organization.

http://www.score.org/index.html
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehitchman View Post
Gold Star, if you don't have a lot of baggage and could make the move to Johnny's area you would not regret it. That part of GA has been in the top 10 fastest growing counties for the last 10 years or so. The economic downturn has hit hard, but will be one of the quickest to recover when things pick up. The weather is great year round and you can pick up a house for 30% less than a year or two ago. Cost of living and property taxes are very low compared to many northern states. Everyone has big yards. Schools in that area are mostly top notch. I think with Johnny what you see is what you get, no bs, very refreshing these day's, I don't know the guy.

Yea, we're definitely growing and, the best part, don't have to shovel snow.You're good at reading people-It's funny but when I describe myself, that's exactly what I tell someone. I like to say that I am the same person one day that I am the next. I'm a great person to work for and I told the two guys that aren't working for me now that they weren't going to find this opportunity again-both were experienced people too. Oh well.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehitchman View Post

No baggage here.....lol. The girlfriend tries at times with little sucess. Just young and motivated. Sounds like a fun situation to be in though. It really does! I'm in the midst of finding a very good company (learning everything I can in the mean time), or starting my own in a couple years. Been doing this for 7 years, and love the work. Passionate about quality of work. That's a far ways away....but warmer.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Star Lawns View Post
No baggage here.....lol. The girlfriend tries at times with little sucess. Just young and motivated. Sounds like a fun situation to be in though. It really does! I'm in the midst of finding a very good company (learning everything I can in the mean time), or starting my own in a couple years. Been doing this for 7 years, and love the work. Passionate about quality of work. That's a far ways away....but warmer.
I hear you. I live to work outside. Good luck with your endeavor. Sounds like you're on the right track!!!!