Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2010, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i hunt deer,turkey small game. im a big bow hunter i have taken 20 buck with the bow,i try to hunt everyday especially the last two weeks.this year was one of the worst for seeing deer i did shoot a six pointer with a 15inch inside spread but i never saw the big one. after the rifel season my brother saw a big 10 at 8pm standing in the road it just came from behind a house! looks like i will be looking for a spot their next year.
2003 scag turf tiger liquid cooled 61
2005 scag tiger cub 48
2007 exmark turf tracer 60 hydro
2006 exmark viking 36 hydro
3 echo trimmers
2 echo backpack blowers
1 redmax extended hedge trimmer
1 stihl hedge trimmer
Old 02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Love to gun hunt, but didn't get to this year due to a new kid. I will be in a club next year thou. Just got to find one to join in Southeast Alabama for next year.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Yup, hunt bow, muzz, sluggun and rifle in that order. Hunt in NJ, PA, NY and Wyo. All big game. Not really one for the fowl or the little critters. I like doing grounds maintenance because it affords me the time to hunt out of state and also to have the time. If I go out West on a DIY hunt I can come back when I either kill something or run out of money and I don't see that happening since I stay in a camper or a tent. How many jobs allow you to do that? Oh, unless the wife tells me its time to come home (but that is a different story)
Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't hunt, but I do shoot guns quite a lot, .22, and .177 air rifles. I also have a compound bow, but don't shoot it often like I should.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hunt, mostly deer. Shotgun and bow. I have a remington 870, and a buckmasters compound. Only took 1 doe this year season was terrible where i hunt. I had the greatest kill shot i could ask for though, 1 slug right between the eyes at about 30 yards!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been wanting to get into to for a while but am around a lot of guy's that just like shooting animal's and watching them suffer when they don't get clean shot's. Yeah the harvest them and eat the meat but if I hunt I wan't to do it to enjoy it and for the challenge..... not to enjoy shooting something.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Bowhunt in southwest VA! I got my first Turkey with my bow this year.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't hunt anymore but like to shoot big time. Everything from olympic grade .177 air rifle through .458 Win mag. Clay birds occasionally with shotgun, and rarely handguns. Recently I have been "building" some varmit grade AR type rifles
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't bow hunt (bad shoulder joints) but I occasionally use a .50 caliber muzzle loader while deer hunting. I also use several different cartridge weapons as well - it all depends on what I feel like cleaning afterward.
Several ranches near where I live have massive coyote and feral swine problems - so I have essentially unlimited access of upwards of 3K acres for dove and deer hunting as long as I agree to reduce the pest problem.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hunt deer , ducks and moose. Here in NH any peice of land over 10 acres that is not posted is open to hunting. Fish and game would prefer one asks permission , but it is not the law. Land that is open to the public is taxed at around $40 per acre as opposed to $19 per diam of current market value, so about 85% of the private land in the state is open.