Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2010, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
The pump is just a secondary pool pump, so the chlorine or salt doesn't damage anything. This yr i had a customer redo a 15yr old pool (liner and plumbing) and they had a another bottom drain put in so they can have two 4' sheer descent installed in a raised wall. You can install a waterfall on the pools main pump, but the water pressure is significantly reduced. Having everything installed before hand does make the job go easier for sure.
Got ya, thank you. I would love to do a waterfall into a pool. Can't wait for the pictures of your current pool/fall job.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitrack View Post
So basically this set up needs to be constructed before the pool is built. As in you could not add a waterfall to an existing pool since you need that drain at the bottom? I'm sure there are ways to tie one into an existing pool though. Does the chlorine or in some pools salt water affect the pumps at all?
you can tee off the suction line to add an additional pump for the water feature. it takes (2) check valves, 1 above the tee for the pool pump and 1above the tee for the water feature, i suggest using www.waterwaysplastics.com for the check valve suppliers as you can disassemble the valves for cleaning.

these keep the water from being siphoned from one pump to the other, you won't lose prime this way either.

this is possible since the pool filter should be set to run at night, i usually start mine at midnight.