Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=Jpeg lawn maintenance;3365354]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGLandscapeMaintenance View Post
Don't get a dump insert, they hold nothing compared to a dump trailer or dump truck.[/

Really onlyreason i want it for is small mulch jobs and for begging grass i hate going home at end of day and shoveling grass out of the truck when its 90
Google load handler, they're a lot cheaper and they're removable real quick if you want to use the bed of your truck for something else.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcslawncare View Post
I would agree, the trailer would be better, even for smaller jobs. You can leave it on the job. I'v learned think for the future!!!! Get bigger and make more money!
How could he use a dump trailer for grass collection? Assuming that he isn't lying about doing small mulch jobs and grass collection only, then the dump trailer would be a stupid idea.

Cummins isn't spelled with a g!!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought it was just for leaf debris, mulch, and dirt, I didn't realize grass clippings. You can use your toneau cover to cover up the stuff in the truck when driving and it won't blow out and then you go to the dump and with the load handler, you crank the stuff out of the bed.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGLandscapeMaintenance View Post
Yeah jr remember that buddy of mine who's got the lifted 6.0 I told you about? I went ice fishin with him last week and we drove 100 miles total and we burned like 1/3 of a tank

My dad's 6.0 will pull our toy hauler with plenty of power, only problem is we fight overdrive when were on the freeway. 7.5 mpg though! Hell of a lot more power than a trash 5.4
Here's a link to a video that will show you a hill that will make you wonder about your truck. It's 7 miles of 5% grade. You'll notice semi and pickups broken down on the side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOMcz...eature=related Time before last the air temp at the top of the hill was 85°. The guy starts filming right at the Welcome Station for VA.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyNut View Post
Here's a link to a video that will show you a hill that will make you wonder about your truck. It's 7 miles of 5% grade. You'll notice semi and pickups broken down on the side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOMcz...eature=related Time before last the air temp at the top of the hill was 85°. The guy starts filming right at the Welcome Station for VA.
Funny thing about that is there were 3 trucks other than semis pulled over on the side, a kodiak (hood down and behind an F150), that F1shtty with the kodiak, the F1shtty with its hood up and an old f2shtty or f3shtty also with it's hood up.

I've seen lots of these videos, just watched one earlier today of a truck goin up Monteagle and then goin down. I'm not sure on the distance up Monteagle but it's a 5% grade, I handled 'er last winter, no problem, I was with my dad in his 6.0, we held 60 mph (with no load) and she never shifted down. I don't need to question my truck climbing a grade because that's what it's built for. Granted it was winter, but still, they're built to handle climbs.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would spend the money and get the insert(if you gunna be doing alot of hauling with you trailer on) be professional. Otherwise dump trailers are nice also
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
I would spend the money and get the insert(if you gunna be doing alot of hauling with you trailer on) be professional. Otherwise dump trailers are nice also
what d you think about this brad i have 10k in my truck now. Its worth about 4k i was thinking next year end of year throw a plow on it and keep it buy a new truck not brand new but new to me like 2003 and up dump truck pull the rig with that thats what i was thinking perfect for everything. Wat do you think?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
what d you think about this brad i have 10k in my truck now. Its worth about 4k i was thinking next year end of year throw a plow on it and keep it buy a new truck not brand new but new to me like 2003 and up dump truck pull the rig with that thats what i was thinking perfect for everything. Wat do you think?
may i add it will laso only be a 2wd because only using in summer.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not a bad idea but do you wanna plow with the lifted truck? trucks are easier to plow than a dump but I would probably lean towards 4x4 dump with a plow. I dunno its a tough call
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=deere615;3367476]Not a bad idea but do you wanna plow with the lifted truck? trucks are easier to plow than a dump but I would probably lean towards 4x4 dump with a plow. I dunno its a tough call[/QUmy truck only lifted 3 inch and i was gonna get a 2wd cuz lots less maintenance and also really wont need it for summer ya know