Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornett22 View Post
my dealer says he can replace the ECS with pistol grips. i don't like the small discharge opening and the clumps and windrows from the Exmarks.I also don't like their dinky Hydro fluid resevoir.

Thank goodness for Scag!
Yeah, they can be converted back to the old pistol grips, but the cost is pretty high, I had a guy that wanted my ECS and was going to trade me for his pistol grips, but my dealer said his controls would not fit my newer mower easily and would cost a lot to modify it to fit. So I just deal with it now, and use my Ferris DD as much as possible.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

you can keep that Tbar nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
I'm in my 8th year using Toro belt drives, T-bar control.

Every single invention they have tried every which way with hydraulics and electronics
and fancy thumb twiddling to work it out so that it would be as smooth as a T-bar...
Turns out to be expensive and pure, absolutely perfect and unadulterated garbage!
Horse manure that is, bull crap, and nonsense.

Nothing works like a T-bar, no fancy hydraulics to give out, no expensive liquid leaks upon
someone's aggregate driveway, and last but not least they're not cheap but they ain't no 7g.
i tried it.if it' so great,why no one use it? i never see them.

i just sold a 1992 Scag Hydro walkbehind and it didn't leak a drop from the hydros.original hoses ,pumps and wheel motors.not a drop.all bone dry.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

best walk behind /rider is the rich mfg convertible mower. ride and when u get to a hill or ditch get off and the handle bars fold back which turns it into a walk behind. i fitted it with a pro-slide sulky. fast mowing and 2 mowers in one. u can also get the mulching deck and mow down anything it will drive over. can also be bought at dr power.com they have extended warranty for up to 4 years