Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjamrockinman View Post
Nice set-up, sounds like your doing good. Were you the one doing the pools too, are you still doing that?? Nice truck too, do you get pretty good mileage towing?
Yes, I used to do pools as well but the lawn business took off so I am pretty much out of that now. I still have 4 pools which I service at houses were I already do the lawn. Alot of the time, my girl does the pools and I just give her the money. The mileageon the Nissan is less than the S10 but it is still pretty decent.
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clear difference lawn View Post
Yes - I am fully licensed and insured. I just paid my fouth quarter estimated taxes which was a good chunk of change!! It pisses me off a little when I see guys that are not legit (believe me we have a lot in Florida), but instead of coming on Lawnsite and endlessly whining, the scrubs inspire me to work even harder.
Oh i bet there are a ton of "under the table guys" in florida. It doesn't bother me too much, but it bothers me when they try and advertise in areas where I mow. I pick up their "flyer" and just laugh at it.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the black rims on the Gravely make it look sweet
36" Wright Stander,
52" 2013 Scag Zero Turn
Echo Equipment
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a clear difference lawn View Post
You may not mean to be offensive - but you are. If you would have read the thread you would have seen that I am very tightly grouped. I have 48 homes in one subdivision that I do in 2 and a half days because I can mow many at a time without re-trailering my mower. I work all day sat and half day sun in season. Right now I am twice a month except for my biggest account. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...hlight=biggest I don't think this qualifies as "mow, blow, and go" but your entitled to your opinion. I pride myself in quality and would not get as many accounts as I have by doing a crappy job - especially here in Windermere were I have all my business. Most of my houses have small yards and very limited landscaping relative to the one shown - but they are all done professionally and look very good. I can truly say I have never left an account looking like crap. Lets see some pics of your accounts.
A lot of people don't understand how much smaller the yards are in Florida, especially in the Orlando area, and don't get that we can get a lawn done in 15-25 minutes and still make it look good. And I know how picky they are in Windermere haha. Im planning on expanding to that area eventually.

Anyways, nice setup man. I like the Gravely, I have a Gravely w/b but Im thinking of getting a mower like yours so I can sit haha. Post some pics of some of your yards once the grass finally turns green again haha. And I noticed that your edger doesn't have a wheel, any reason for that?
Old 01-18-2010, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshprince94 View Post
A lot of people don't understand how much smaller the yards are in Florida, especially in the Orlando area, and don't get that we can get a lawn done in 15-25 minutes and still make it look good. And I know how picky they are in Windermere haha. Im planning on expanding to that area eventually.

Anyways, nice setup man. I like the Gravely, I have a Gravely w/b but Im thinking of getting a mower like yours so I can sit haha. Post some pics of some of your yards once the grass finally turns green again haha. And I noticed that your edger doesn't have a wheel, any reason for that?
I took the wheel off my edger because I use it to do a lot of flower bed edges and tree rings with it a lot deeper than curb edging and I got sick of constantly adjusting it. I like the unit much better without the wheel - I feel like it is more nimble and I can work faster. Yea - Windermere is very picky. Many of my current customers would not even consider my estimate until I provided them with proof of insurance! It is a good area though - if you get into one community and do a great job you can pick up lots of neighbors.
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
SOLO OPERATION
Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Redmax 8050 and an edgit.com for your weedeaters.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot James View Post
Get a Redmax 8050 and an edgit.com for your weedeaters.
Most of us in Florida don't use the weedeaters to edge. It is a lot harder with the thick St. Augustine grass we have and uses up a lot of line.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely w/ black wheels

In response to numerous requests I decided to post a pic of the Gravely with the black tires, off of the trailer. I also added a couple of pics of fastrap installation that I just finished.
Attached Images

Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
SOLO OPERATION
Old 01-18-2010, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Very nice and simple.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How are those fast straps? Thought about getting them for my new trailer! Any side to side motion hen turning sharp or fast? Kinda tired of doing it the old way to the d rings on the frame!! Thanks! Ryan