Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Thanks Shane.

whitebp1-I agree that it is going to take awhile for cleanup to occur. If I did go down, it would be primarily to assist with recovery. While money is necessary to keep things running, money is not the motivating factor for my willingness to help.
oh for sure i was in no way implying that you were out to get rich off of things.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't worry white, I didn't think you were implying that either

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A quick little update-

We've gotten through to the CAT team in charge of responding to the crisis. We are working with them to determine the next steps in getting our team down there and behind some equipment to help start opening critical infrastructure to allow more aid to reach the region.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-21-2010, 04:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone going to help Haiti has there head up there you know what! Our economy is horrible and we are going to spend more tax dollars on a country full of people who hate us, we are still in a mess over in the middle east we should probally clean that up first and who helps America when we have a dissaster? NOBODY! I spent 6 months doing hurricane Katrina work I covered an area from Pensacola FL to Houston TX and the only people down there helping were Americans! And if we do have the tax dollars to waste on Haiti dont you think we should spend it on all the poor & homeless Americans first? Its just my opinion but we should help ourselves first and if or when we recover then help other countries who dont hate us and also need the help if they are willing to help us when we need it.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgerk82 View Post
Anyone going to help Haiti has there head up there you know what! Our economy is horrible and we are going to spend more tax dollars on a country full of people who hate us, we are still in a mess over in the middle east we should probally clean that up first and who helps America when we have a dissaster? NOBODY! I spent 6 months doing hurricane Katrina work I covered an area from Pensacola FL to Houston TX and the only people down there helping were Americans! And if we do have the tax dollars to waste on Haiti dont you think we should spend it on all the poor & homeless Americans first? Its just my opinion but we should help ourselves first and if or when we recover then help other countries who dont hate us and also need the help if they are willing to help us when we need it.
Real informative post right there. So besides learning that my head is up my ass, do you even know anything about haiti? Haitians have no money whatsoever. The average person makes under 200 a year. How long does it take you to make $200? an hour? a day?

I understand the huge amount of stress and hardship that the American people are under with the current financial crisis, but can we not help those out in more need and set a good example?

If you are going to make posts saying how anyone who is going there to help has there head up there ass think again.

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_S_S View Post
Real informative post right there. So besides learning that my head is up my ass, do you even know anything about haiti? Haitians have no money whatsoever. The average person makes under 200 a year. How long does it take you to make $200? an hour? a day?

I understand the huge amount of stress and hardship that the American people are under with the current financial crisis, but can we not help those out in more need and set a good example?

If you are going to make posts saying how anyone who is going there to help has there head up there ass think again.
Just my opinion, you dont think we should make sure all the Americans have a home and food first? because their are many starving Americans, Haiti is not are problem nor is it any of our business to go down there and take control over their airports or anything else. And its not are fault they have financial problems their are many other countries that do to but if we go around helping them all before we help ourselve we will be the poor country waiting for help and free handouts, they financially maid their bed so they can lay in it! It is unfortunate what happened but its not our mess we have our own messes to clean up! If you want to help so much their is still plenty of Katrina work to do in Mississippi and Louisiana, our we have the mud slide out in California where thousands of people lost power and hundreds of homes were detroyed.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is their ultimate hour of need......how can anyone look away and imply we should do nothing. We are not talking huge $ here folks, peanuts in the scale of things. What we spend in 10 minutes in Iraq and Afg. is what we will ultimatly spend in Haiti. We are a HUGE and WEALTHY country in comparison and a little will go a long way down there.

Only we, the US have the capability to assit these people right now. We cannot ignore a neighbor in need.

Controlling airports? Occupying??, read my post earlier. The French would take 3 years to mobilzuie and they would bring 1 Puegot, some cheese, and nothing else but empty promises.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The more I read up on Haiti the more discouraged about I become. Our country has shoveled obscene amounts of money for a long time and it never gets better?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stuvecorp, yes I agree and the facts and prior history are hard to ignore. It is very discouraging but right now is not the time to measure our response as if it were an investment. These people need help right NOW. Clean water and medicine. Humanitarian crisises require acts of kindness and basic human support that all deserve.

Let the French lead the rebuilding effort....but if it is anything like their cars it may do more harm

Heh, at least we are trying. Were is everyone else but complaining about us running the airport. Were are they??
Old 01-21-2010, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like to see the suffering but don't have a good answer for any of it.