Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

How to get Franchise commercial jobs?

I'm more of a residential guy but wouldn't mind trying to get a few Franchise Commercial jobs this year. By this i mean restaurants (wendy's, taco bell, the like). Other places such as banks. How do you get those accounts? My first instinct is to just go inside those places and ask the manager to have the owner call me. Any advice?

Thanks

16x7 Open Landscape Trailer

2007 Exmark Lazer Z 60" 25hp

2004 Simplicity 50" ZT w/bagger

Stihl Kombi Whip/edger

Stihl FX100 Whip

Stihl 380 Back Pack

2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. w/ plow and 2500# Warn winch

Check out PJSLAWNCARE.COM!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

....................................waiting
Old 01-20-2010, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yep, that'l work.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to mow for the Hardees restaurants in this area, around 15 of them, then one day without warning, they all closed up suddenly, they had someone come around overnight and change all the locks on the stores!!! The managers and employees were pissed and were not given any notice whatsoever! And of course, this had to happen during the mowing season, I finally found out where to send all the final bills to after weeks of calling around, only to have them all returned to me. They never paid me a dime on their final balances, and never even called me back to explain why not. I was so pissed, but nothing I could really do. The ownership was in a sort of limbo, so I had no place to send any legal papers, and the last address I had for them was in San Diego, Ca,and I live in KY, what are the chances they would show up for that? Slim to none. Just make sure you will be paid, as these companies are slick and crafty.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sxome are handled by the owner, some by managers , some you need to be an approved vendor such as the local taco bell ( yums inc. ) must be in there system.

CJ's Lawn Service LLC
Christopher Jodoin Owner
www.cjslawn.com
ICPI CERTIFIED PAVER INSTALLER
Lawncare-Landscaping-Snow Removal
Est.2002 Licensed and Insured
Old 01-20-2010, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimowerman View Post
sxome are handled by the owner, some by managers , some you need to be an approved vendor such as the local taco bell ( yums inc. ) must be in there system.
How do you get added as an approved vendor. I know with most property management companies there is a place on their site to register and they follow up with you; however I did not see a place to register on yums inc site.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays Green Daze Landscape View Post
How do you get added as an approved vendor. I know with most property management companies there is a place on their site to register and they follow up with you; however I did not see a place to register on yums inc site.
I think you wait for them to ask you. Its not as easy as signing up. I work for Del Tacos here in AZ, and I didnt sign up. They just called me one day. No offense but unsolicited vendors rarely get considered, they get tons of people calling everyday and from what the people tell me that I work for it is annoying and they usually give you the run around anyways. The managers at the Del Tacos dont have a say in who does the service there, its up to the District Managers. So good luck, and I would say just write some formal letters about yourself and your company. I figure if you send 100 out you may get 1 bite. I will usually do this once a year.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
I used to mow for the Hardees restaurants in this area, around 15 of them, then one day without warning, they all closed up suddenly, they had someone come around overnight and change all the locks on the stores!!! The managers and employees were pissed and were not given any notice whatsoever! And of course, this had to happen during the mowing season, I finally found out where to send all the final bills to after weeks of calling around, only to have them all returned to me. They never paid me a dime on their final balances, and never even called me back to explain why not. I was so pissed, but nothing I could really do. The ownership was in a sort of limbo, so I had no place to send any legal papers, and the last address I had for them was in San Diego, Ca,and I live in KY, what are the chances they would show up for that? Slim to none. Just make sure you will be paid, as these companies are slick and crafty.
That same thing happened in Northern Virginia with Roy Rodgers Restaurants years ago....... they just closed the doors one day & gone!

God I was so pissed because they had the best fast food anywhere!

The only place you can Roy Rodgers fast food anymore is on the New Jersey Turnpike!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you even want to do a franchise, its nothing but a head ache you spend so much time and money driving to each location, they hold your pay between 60-120 days if you get it at all and there usually isnt very much mowing to begin with plus if you have a problem its very hard to reach someone who can or is willing to help. I have had friends do work for Taco Bell, Arby's, Burger King, Applebees, Wendys, & Kinder Care they all were horrible to work for and everyone of my 4 friends that did the work dropped them.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought there was a Roy Rogers in southern KY? I was down there about 8 years ago, and I think we ate at a Roy Rogers, but maybe it was another state? But I know it was a Roy Rogers for sure, it was good, much better than Arbys!