Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-23-2010, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do know the bobcats/woods that I have used cut fantastic! And with no strip kit. Hustler on some of my stuff cut good and others was not the greatest but OK!

Ronayersmotorsports
Can you tell us the reason Hustler switched to the XR7 Deck?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryB View Post
This is why car companies don't advertise ridiculous things like frame warranties only us lawn guys are dumb enought o buy into that. Has Ford ever advertised frame warranties for F250's? ZTR's should be giving gurantees on cut quality and drive systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgerk82 View Post
Very true and I know for a fact that my dealer/Hustler has had to buy back machines because of cut qaulity. Hustler claims they fixed the problem they had with the 2006 xr7 deck so last winter I gave them a chance once again on a 2009 only because it was $7500 otd for a 60" super z(and the sales manager is a close friend), long story short I dont own it anymore and went back to Exmark and thats where I will stay!
Yeah, if you hit something hard enough to bend the frame of your mower, you will most likely also be paying to replace the thing you hit as well. A bent frame would most likely be the least of your problems....
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 SD XLT 7.3PSD
6X16' Tandem axle trailer
5X8 BIG MAX trailer
Exmark Vantage 24/52
Bobcat Predator Pro 61" 26LC
Simplicity Legacy 60" Vanguard Diesel
Redmax EB7001, 7150, 7500
Stihl BG55, SH85
Echo SRM-210, SRM-225 (3), Dolmar 22C
(2) Echo PAS-265
Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

jsut went on the hustler website for warranty info, its nearly identical to the bobcat with teh exception huslter had the lifetime frame warranty (who bends frames?), the never leak hoses (never had a leak on any) and the warranty on the front of the deck (nice but mowers keep getting heavier and heavier, need to cut weight somewhere. ive had an employee bend the front of my bobcat hitting a property marker but it was nothing a few hits with a sledge hammer couldnt fix)

dont mean to be knocking hustler at but dont think the warranty is any better. again, all mowers cut, find a good dealer that will fix it quick when it breaks and buy the brand he sells

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREBELMACHINE View Post
I do know the bobcats/woods that I have used cut fantastic! And with no strip kit. Hustler on some of my stuff cut good and others was not the greatest but OK!

Ronayersmotorsports
Can you tell us the reason Hustler switched to the XR7 Deck?
Yes they switched to the XR-7 deck because of cut quality when cutting taller grasses. The XR-7 deck is not only the thickest decks on the market with the best warranty, but one of the deepest as well, almost 6" deep. Designed with large discharge openings and baffles for better cut quality; then the old style decks now being used on Big Dawg mowers. And Now with engine options of 31hp Kawasaki's in combination with the XR-7 deck, we are getting great customer reviews. I don't sell anything less than a 31HP on any Super Z.

As for warranties Bob Cat at first seems similar but not the same they warranty the deck for things like broken welds, but not if you bend it while mowing. And as for Hydraulic hoses warranties they don't have anything past two years. Most hydraulic failures in my experience were due to previously busted lines, that allowed the system to run dry and do damage. Sure a line can be fixed but usually the system is run dry before the problem is noticed and damaged pumps soon fail in months following the line repair. It's just nice to know when purchasing a Hustler they are not only made out of steel but that the manufacturer will stand behind leaks or breaks for LIFE!

Derek's (Me) Personal Equipment

STIHL MS230 C-BE ON WISH LIST!
STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
STIHL MM 55 YARD BOSS (2008)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
EDGER ATTACHMENT/AERATOR/WEIGHT KIT/TILLER
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Better Built 6x12 Trailer
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So you are saying hustler will warranty Abuse? or Misuse? Is there somewhere we can see the hustler warranty statement?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler says if you manage to bend the LEADING Edge while mowing in normal use or workmanship fails(welds) they will warranty the deck. If you drop is off a truck and bend the frame or deck then no.
Complete details are in your dealers handbook.

STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAyersMotorsports View Post
Hustler says if you manage to bend the LEADING Edge while mowing in normal use or workmanship fails(welds) they will warranty the deck. If you drop is off a truck and bend the frame or deck then no.
Complete details are in your dealers handbook.
Then basically it's a bunch of nice words thinly disguised as a warranty. The use of the term "normal" suggests that any damage from say hitting a stump or well cap at speed, or using your own example, accidently drop it off a truck, could easily be considered to be abnormal, as in "not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard; extremely or excessively large". In the end, you're left with nothing more than meaningless salespeak. Good luck with trying to collect on that one.

Definition of "abnormal"
Old 01-26-2010, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear View Post
Then basically it's a bunch of nice words thinly disguised as a warranty. The use of the term "normal" suggests that any damage from say hitting a stump or well cap at speed, or using your own example, accidently drop it off a truck, could easily be considered to be abnormal, as in "not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard; extremely or excessively large". In the end, you're left with nothing more than meaningless salespeak. Good luck with trying to collect on that one.

Definition of "abnormal"
Actually your wrong. Been made aware of an instance where operator was running a machine downhill and hit covered man whole so hard it through the gentleman off machine, handles broke his ribs and bent front end of deck. Hustler replaced the mower deck, but not his Ribs. Should have been wearing the seat belt.

STIHL HS 45 18" (2008)
STIHL FS 80R (2001)
STIHL SH 86 (2009)
YARD BOSS EQUIPPED W/
HONDA HRR216VKA (2008)
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5
Old 01-26-2010, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAyersMotorsports View Post
Actually your wrong. Been made aware of an instance where operator was running a machine downhill and hit covered man whole so hard it through the gentleman off machine, handles broke his ribs and bent front end of deck. Hustler replaced the mower deck, but not his Ribs. Should have been wearing the seat belt.
This is the only situation I have heard of the deck bending as well. Hustler did replace the deck. and the guy had alot of dowtime to heal.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds more like they did it to stay out of a possible law suit.